2006 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Tacoma - all the way

2006 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

V6 Double Cab (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed)

Tacoma - all the way
By Bob on

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle now for almost 3 months. Love it to death. Had a slight mishap in an off-road extravaganza and messed my rim up. What should have been a bent control and tie rods ended up with just a mere alignment jar. Amazing vehicle inside and out. I get comments from people who drive the F150,250, Dodge 1500, 2500, and Chevy seirra, they all like the comfort of the front seats. Now let me talk about performance, the off-road package is the way to go. Bilstein shocks, and a built in engine braker in the transmission. Great control. Going around bends, this vehicle leans less then my previous 2WD tacoma that was base height, not nearly as high as this. WELL BUILT!

Favorite Features

Engine braking, transmission, handling, front seats, they really do hold you in the seat. The acceleration and handling. The top mount oil filter. The dentless bed. It will scratch, but it's not easy. So far, cannot dent it.

Suggested Improvements

Suggest MPG gauge be included with the direction and temp console. XM radio. A 12V DC aux outlet inside the center console and at the floor in the back seat. A power inverter in the dash right under the cigarette lighter.