SUV in truck body...
By Stavro on
2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
After spending endless hours on Edmunds, I decided to pull the trigger. Traded a 01 BMW X5 with 52K miles and 11 pages of maintenance records. What a relief! The Tacoma's interior is big, got the 4x2 sport pack with JBL audio and tow. If you don't need 4x4 why haul the extra weight around? First tank of gas gave me 19 mpg (87 RON per manual)combined. Feels solid, seats have good support, plenty of space in the rear, good visibility, suspension is on the spot, not too soft, not too hard, gearbox is smooth (A/T) as far as performance, I only have 220 miles but I can tell you this: 65mph with 1450 rpm is sweet!
Favorite Features
4 doors, short bed fits the garage. The long does not. 110V outlet in the back, composite bed-liner, do not get the OEM bike rack, they use the rail system but they sit 4-5 inches out and are not sturdy. Rocky mountain sells a nicer and sturdier unit for $35.00. JBL audio rocks.
Suggested Improvements
Home-link. Scion has it...they think Tacoma owners have no garages...Ipod jack, MP3 capability, sunroof, tailgate lock.