Smooth Runner But Very Uncomfortable
By Tim on
2006 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)
The Tacoma is very quiet and smooth. Comfortable ride but sloppy handling. Very little brake feel. The base model seats are absolutely miserable. The seat belt receptacles are too far over causing them to rub on my hip (I actually paid an upholstery shop to move the driver side over!). I'm a thin person, if you are heavy or wide you simply won't fit. The steering wheel does not telescope out far enough forcing you into an uncomfortable driving position. I have owned it 4 months and I'm already looking to trade it off because I just can't get comfortable in the thing. Too bad, too, because it seems well built otherwise.
Favorite Features
Smooth running, smooth ride. Seems like it will be durable. There is a quality to the way it runs and shifts you just won't find in a Ranger or Colorado. The cup holders will accommodate all sized drinks.
Suggested Improvements
The seats are terrible. Come on Toyota, you can do better than this. Gas mileage averages about 23-24 on the highway. Steering wheel doesn't telescope far enough. Better brake feel. Tighten up the handling. Make it so it doesn't rev to 2500 rpm for 20-30 seconds at start up, this is annoying!