2006 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Oh What a Feeling!

2006 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

PreRunner V6 Double Cab (4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed)

Oh What a Feeling!
By TNRiverjet on

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck as a demo with 8K miles. I now have 82K plus in about two years and it is still ticking strong. I do find the seats uncomfortable for long road trips, but every other part of interior design and layout is perfect. Storage is excellent. I had the rear leaf TSB performed to replace the original springs. The new 4 leaf springs handle weight much better than stock. I use Michelin LTX AT tires. This truck rides and drives like a car! It is sporty, powerful, nimble. It is also easy to maneuver in parking lots/garages and around town. Service has been minimum/standard and I have had no warranty issues. The transmission seems to seek gears esp. around 40 mph.

Favorite Features

110v power outlet in bed. Bed tiedowns. composite bed, crew cab, storage behind rear seats. tow package is worth the $$ with an extremely stout 2" receiver hitch. Fuel mileage (as recorded per every fillup) is avg. 20-21 over 82K mi.

Suggested Improvements

bluetooth, sunroof, sliding rear window like fullsize Tundra, more weight carrying capacity, more bulletproof transmission, locking tailgate