2006 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Not the truck i hoped and paye

2006 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Base Access Cab (2.7L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic 6.1 ft. Bed)

Not the truck i hoped and payed for
By John H on

2006 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

As we all know Toyota Tacomas are very expensive in comparison to their domestic counterparts. You're hoping they give u at least 200k. Bought this truck brand new with 26 miles. I commute nearly 350 miles every 2 days. I changed both the oil and filter every 3,000 with Toyota's recommended oil, flushed the trans every 45k and had the rear end done every 50k. Cooling system at 65k and again at 118k. With 121,450 miles my 2.7L seized. Not what I expected. Toyota said at 120k it should be ready for an overhaul. Engine sludge. OK? I thought they lasted. My wife's 05 FX4 f150 has 188k on original drivetrain along with my 97 Jeep 4.0 with 294k on the original engine. Should have spent money elsewhere.

24 mpg on the highway... which wasn't all that hot... nice interior quality, decent factory composite bed.

Reliability, longevity... better engines, more rear seat room, better towing capability. A 2500 pound trailer nearly sacked my truck. Had better luck with my 85 Toyota pickup and 97 Tacoma SR5. Truck is not up to par. Domestics outlast them today.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review