I got what I bought
By mrfinfish on
2006 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)
This truck "is what it is"; an economical version of a small truck, very handy and economical around the suburbs and city driving. Principal reason for my buying this truck is that I'm sick and tired of loosing $10,000+ a year in owing a Ford or Dodge $30,000 vehicle when purchased new. I bought this truck for a little over $16K; it gets 22 to 26 mpg; it is decidedably uncomfortable; it's 2.7litter engine performance is acceptable, and one year after my purchase, I've probably lost between $3 and $4,000, based on it's current resale value. Do I wish I had a big truck with 4-wheel drive? Sure; but it's a function of whether I want the cash in my pocket, or in the dealers pocket.
Favorite Features
They aren't many, but would suggest mileage (22 to 26 mpg) is favorite feature. The old Dodge V-8 and Ford V- 6 rate below 17mpg. I have auto trans; wouldn't be without it in city driving. Toyota poly bed liner and side tie downs oftenly used. Truck, so far, is quite reliable; handles adequately.
Suggested Improvements
A driver and passenger seat that would rate at least "5" on the 0 to 10 scale. Lack of seat comfort is the worst part of owning this truck. The ride is not so good. Also bought a Toyota Highlander at same time as this truck; it's a pleasure to drive the Highlander after riding in the Tacoma.