2006 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: I've always been a car guy

2006 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

X-Runner V6 Access Cab (4.0L V6 6-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

I've always been a car guy
By oldcarguy on

2006 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've been a car guy all my life. Never had much interest in a truck. I'm convinced that some car guys at Toyota got together and decided to make a truck for car guys. I've never had as many compliments about any car I've owned, including a 91 Vette. I like the ride and feel of the truck and the handling is off the charts for a factory truck with a warranty. I average about 22-24 mpg and really enjoy my time behind the wheel. Granted, it's not an off road machine, but I don't need it to, either. In a nutshell, I enjoy leaving behind full size V8 trucks that cost thousands more, and even leaving behind V6 Mustangs and Camaros on the mountain roads around my home. Thanks Toyota!

The exterior styling is great and really turns heads. People are always telling me they love it and that they've never seen one quite like it. The handling is great and the power is always there when you want some.

Supercharge the 4.0 V6.