2006 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Great Buy...

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Review

Great Buy...
By mshw777 on

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Toyota, and 2nd Toyota truck. The ride is comfortable like an F150, but with better build quality. Rides nice & high, similar to a medium to full size truck. Excellent interior design and ergo. Bold exterior looks. The auto trans searches for gears at low speeds (not too noticeable), but the gas mileage has been predictable - 20mpg combined city/hwy. Plenty of power in the 236hp V6. Lots of leg room in the front & not bad in the back. Lots of great standard features on the SR5 pckg. Overall, this truck is worth the money... and I expect the same great quality that I've gotten in the past from my other Toyotas. I'm a satisfied buyer!

Rides big and comfortable. I expect excellent Toyota quality from this truck also. More than enough power from the V6. Gas mileage is reasonable for the size of the new truck design.

For the auto trans, refine the shifting on the lower gears (which, by the way, is not very noticeable). No other improvements needed on this nicely built truck.