2006 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Big disappointment

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Review

Big disappointment
By Tokyo Joe on

2006 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my dream truck 3 weeks ago but it has been nothing like a dream but a disappointment. Engine constantly knocks and the knocking stops only when I remove my right foot from the gas pedal or when going downhill. I also hear an unusual noise coming from the engine room during warm-ups and for the first few miles. It's a growling noise and sounds like something loose tapping. A local dealer says it's a normal sounding engine without driving it and cars are supposed to emit a lot of noises during its break-in period. My car is only 500 miles old and I'm planning to take it back to the dealer if the noises continue when break-in period is over. Toyota is helping to solve the issue.

A lot of truck for a little money. Love the sports car like interior and the sliding rear window and under the jump seat storages. Great gas mileage - better than my Ford Taurus. 6 speakers CD player is good enough to erase the engine knocking and morning warm-up noises.

It's probably a typical truck ride but seems too hard maybe because my bed is always empty. But who carries a load constantly to get a softer ride? Clock display is too dark to see during the day time. Only the window up-down switches illuminate but not the door lock switches. Need heated mirrors