2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Toyota IS the best
By SAND Tacoma on 05/11/06 15:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I looked for the perfect vehicle for almost a year. A lot of research pointed me to Toyota. The Tacoma has come so far that I can hardly believe it. What a versatile vehicle! And, it feels like driving a car. Still breaking it in though, so we'll see...

Just What I Needed
By Paws Nursery on 05/09/06 14:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This machine is more that just a rugged farm implement for which I bought it. It is also comfortable around town. Shifting is harder that in a front-driver, but once used to it I found it quite enjoyable. Engine has both low- and high-end so it doesn't matter the gear, it'll accelerate with ease. The 4WD and TRD Off-Road package make it more suited than some Jeeps. It is very capable, has a huge bed, and is designed to last 300,000 miles. Oil filter on top of engine makes replacement easy.

Why go anywhere else?
By pathfinder on 05/06/06 12:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very much satisfied with this truck. Fit and finish are exceptional, as is the design. Oil changes will be easy (filter on top). The TRD sport package is exactly what I need; nothing more, nothing less. Already said, but the orange dash lighting is a little dated (70s? 80s?). Six-speed transmission is smooth and loves revs. Looked at models with tube steps and running boards -- went with the latter; they are better looking and more functional (help to protect the lower area paint). Dealer made a great offer, and, truth be told, it was the best car-buying experience in my life (and I've bought a lot of cars). The access cab is roomy and the sound system (with CD changer) is quality.

Delta Red Tacoma!
By J Williamson on 05/03/06 13:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very good looking dependable and fun to drive truck. Plenty of leg room in front seat for a 6’3” 250 lb guy. Controls are where you would expect them to be and very easy to use.

Out of the box, works like a Porsche
By firstoyota on 04/28/06 10:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

A head turner. The indigo ink access cab 4x4 is great looking. Made me look into pickups (I had a 1989 two-door Montero that is an awesome BEAST) as a new means of transport. Drives like a car, interior is spartan beauty (oxymoron, but it works), storage is phenomenal, and instrumentation is thoughtfully placed and effective. Performance with the 6 spd manual trans. is responsive and throaty. Yes, a throaty pickup. Went with the sport package, and glad for that -- great price package through USAA buying service with the dealer. They through in a little lagniappe: the slidable D-rings in the bed. The orange lighting is a little 1980s, but hey, that's not entirely bad, is it?

Awesome Truck!
By bruce on 04/23/06 21:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have the access cab with the SR5 package. I use it primarily as a commuter vehicle (100+ miles/day) and household projects. So far, I have hauled one load - approximately 900 pounds of bricks. I did not lose any power, nor did I experience a decline in performance with the increased payload. It struggles going up steep hills. My gas mileage so far (under 600 miles) is approximately 20 MPG HWY. I typically drive 80 MPH at 3k RPM, so I am probably not getting the mileage the truck is capable of. The ride is smooth. Fairly quiet inside. Lots of storage space. Excellent truck for the price!

Good Truck
By Kdorwin on 04/21/06 19:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent quality, fun to drive, improves with K&N cold air intake

Yahoo, I'm back in the saddle again
By Svend on 04/16/06 20:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck drives like a sports car, yet has the capabilities of a large truck. Moving down the freeway, if I only want silence I can shut off the cd/radio, outside road noise is minimal at best. Load it up with bed full of dirt and still has get up and go, and with the locking dif no issues going through the soft stuff. I haven't had any issues squeezing into parking places where ever I go, only problem so far has been at the gas pump where I spend more time there than I want talking with everbody about the truck.

Great Buy...
By mshw777 on 03/25/06 19:03 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Toyota, and 2nd Toyota truck. The ride is comfortable like an F150, but with better build quality. Rides nice & high, similar to a medium to full size truck. Excellent interior design and ergo. Bold exterior looks. The auto trans searches for gears at low speeds (not too noticeable), but the gas mileage has been predictable - 20mpg combined city/hwy. Plenty of power in the 236hp V6. Lots of leg room in the front & not bad in the back. Lots of great standard features on the SR5 pckg. Overall, this truck is worth the money... and I expect the same great quality that I've gotten in the past from my other Toyotas. I'm a satisfied buyer!

Is this really a truck???
By mike on 03/22/06 19:02 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I once had a 1994 toyota compact and I loved it 'til it was totalled in an accident. The new 2006 ext. cab Tacoma is the same vehicle I loved reborn to be even better. More space, power and good looks and drives better than most cars. Toyota is untouchable with the Tacoma.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.