2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Tacoma
By anthony on 06/12/06 10:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great truck, I have a 18 ft toy hauler, it pulls it great even in the big hills. I get 11 miles to the gallon pulling my trailer, and I get 18 just about every where else-- very good truck!!

My Dream Vehicle
By Gary (GEE) Duenas on 06/10/06 10:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I first saw this truck last year, I told my wife that's the Truck for me. 4 Door, Double Cab, Long Bed with a Hood Scoop even (TRD Sport Package). Beautiful Body style (Hardbody & Tuff) and of couse it's a freakin Toyota (Bulletproof) Man! And it came in my Favorite Color: Dark (Indigo) Blue! It just needs to be Raised (at least 6") w/35" Tires (Suspesion lift & Wheels & Tires on Order), Put on Cold Air Intake Throttle Body Spacer, Tornado, JBA Headers, TRD Exhaust w/MangnaFlow Muffler, UniChip Computer Chip, GPS/CD & 8 Disc Changer System, DVD Headrest system and a Sunroof. Made it my Own!

Beats the competiition
By Jim on 06/08/06 16:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at the competition and nothing beat the Tacoma for value, looks, and build quality. The engine is quiet and smooth and gets this truck moving quickly. The interior looks very sporty for a truck. Mine has the TRD package which gives you some nice extras for the money. I am averaging about 20 mpg which is about what I expected for mixed driving. Not great but acceptable for a truck. Would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a mid-size truck.

Solid Truck
By Brandon on 06/07/06 19:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 3000 miles so far on my Tacoma.Absolutely an all around truck! Supurb power, fuel economy, comfort and great looks! Traded in 2004 F150, which I liked, but the Tacoma V6 is great, don't feel I lost any power in comparison. I'm getting 22 miles a gallon which was suprising cause many vehicles don't really match the estimates! A great truck that you can't go wrong with!!

best car ever
By eric mulford on 05/25/06 09:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

the car is great but the gas mileage could be better. other than that it is fun to drive and is a big truck. I would recomend this truck for anyone that wants a good reliable car that won't quit on you

Excellent Truck
By Scott on 05/10/06 14:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer for a 2006 Tacoma PreRunner TRD double cab this past December. The Tacoma feels more like a full size instead of a compact. The 4.0 gets you out of the hole quick and doesn't let up. It tops out at 113 mph (governed of course). It has excellent storage under and behind the back seats as well as convenient storage pockets in the bed of the truck by the tailgate. It pulls my 2000 pound Key West boat with ease without hesitating one bit. It's a excellent truck and an investment that you won't regret.

Disappointed in New Toyota
By Dave on 05/09/06 18:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota is selling new trucks on the the reputation built on earlier very good trucks. I owned a 1993 DX extra Cab and which was a bullet proof, high quality, wonderful vehicle. It was very tough, well built and solid... used as a truck... no rattles after 13 years of hard work. My 2006 (1,500 miles) is cheaply built, value engineered to minimal truck standards and will not take truck like use. It shakes, rattles and rumbles. The frame is not stiff enough (open channel) and the dam truck wanders all over the road. It came with cheap Dunlop tires andis mostly plastic. Use like my old Toyota will quickly destroy this truck. So in short - I spent $31K on a car like truck that is really a car.

Best in class
By taco on 05/08/06 01:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This has been the best truck I have ever owned. It will out 4by any other truck, and out last as well. Has great style, and comfortable for a 4x4 truck

Great truck
By Brett on 05/01/06 19:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good truck for the money. Good on gas, lots of room interior and exterior for long bed. Nothing fancy, very quiet.

beware of rear axle clunk
By li'lBlueTruck on 04/16/06 21:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have barely 700 miles on my truck, started to notice this clunk coming from rear axle. They call it axle warp found 26,900 hits on google for "Tacoma Axle Wrap". All say Toyota denies it to be a problem. I am really tired of feeling rearended by my own drive train. What a piece of junk. Gas mileage is horrific, been driving it as gently as possible (as if I had a raw egg between my foot and the pedal). Gets about 8 miles to the gallon 60% highway - They say it will get better with more miles. will it get 3 times better. I feel tricked by Toyota's false marketing. Please check the web out about this clunk problem then decide if you want the chance of that.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.