2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
06 Tacoma
By debo1683 on 07/13/06 06:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This thing is sweet. Drives like a car, power in all realms of the motor, low end torque, high end horsepower. What a pleasure to drive on a daily basis. The transmission, however is a little clumsy. No need to worry about the composite bed, either. Ive thrown some pretty heavy items at with no remorse. and to true Toyota standards... took a beating and begged for more.

Cheap, cheap cheap
By dmarquis on 07/12/06 17:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck febuary of last year. One of the biggest mistakes I have ever made! I have only 23,000 miles on this truck, and as of now it's in the shop being worked on once again. Two transmissions, one rear differential, Bed is cheap - you can't load anything on it, the tail gate can only hold 100 pounds! So many more things to list that make me regret buying this truck. I had a 96 tacoma 4wd and it has 160k. I've never put anything into it, so I know it's not driver error. If you're not considering buying an older tacoma forget this!!

FINALLY - A GREAT TRUCK
By Jack Germain on 07/03/06 13:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In Feb 2006 I bought the Toyota access cab 2 wheel drive 2.7 with auto tranny. After three months of owning a "want to be truck" I went back to the dealer and got a 4x4 with the V6. Finally got a truck. Plenty of power, almost the same MPG, and the suspension is a ton better. It also looks a whole lot better because of the added height. Learn from my mistake, don't go for the 2 wheel drive version. You'll end up kicking yourself.

great
By John on 07/02/06 11:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I have been through many vehicles and nothing compares to the Tacoma, the quality is great and is good on gas for a truck. It also has a car like ride. The rust proof deposit bed is a really nice feature. I highly recommend the Tacoma.

She's a keeper! 4 cyl, pre-run, access
By Big John on 06/30/06 23:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner 4dr Access Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

My first Truck. Researched for 6 months. This truck has been really fun. I don't need 4WD or a V6. I wanted a truck to haul things with but also to get good highway mpg so I went with the 4cyl. The power has been fine since the engine is 2.7L, but only 20mpg. Sticker said I'd get 27hwy. I really wanted the Desert Sand but most dealers only had silver. Then I found a store which ordered up the Gold for me, and the build date was 2 days after I ordered! I'm 6'3", 250 and have a ton of room. My anti-truck friends admit they are impressed

V6 power and Stick Shift - Nice Bed
By Clyde on 06/14/06 14:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned the new Taco for 1.5 months and in that time have driven it to/frm work on highways, moving 1500 lbs. of rocks, full bed of mulch, the truck is great, the composite material bed is always great and washes out well, my kid said something I wouldn't have even thought of "the bed doesn't get as hot in the sun, like the neighbors truck bed," a Nissan I think, the power coming from that V6 is excellent, the manual shifter is the only way to go, I thought maybe I should get the automatic, but really glad I searched for the 6 speed, no slush box for me, the manual takes a little to get used to but then the real fun begins, only drawback is I am getting only 16 mph.

Awesome Truck
By ETD1010 on 06/03/06 15:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is amazing. I LOVE the body style, and the V6 really packs a punch. The TRD package made it easy to get ALL the features I wanted, and even some I hadn't thought of but LOVE. With all of this backed with Toyota's reputation, this is an awesome little pickup.

Great Truck
By James Alcorn on 05/30/06 20:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a truly great vehicle. Toyota makes great quality vehicles that you can trust. The only space for improvement is in the area of fuel economy. It is a little rough around the edges but will do. No real complaints with this truck. Highly recommended! :)

Killer Truck
By Bryan on 05/16/06 20:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a new '06 in January. I am very impressed, it is my first Toyota. It is so smooth and easy to drive on the highway. At low speeds 50-60 mph it gets awesome gas mileage. I turn heads everywhere. It sounds good and performs excellent. I like how the oil filter is mounted on the top of the engine for easy removal. It wakes up when I ask it to.

Great Truck
By michael H. Schneider on 05/11/06 16:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I saw a picture and description of the X-Runner in Car & Driver magazine. I liked what I saw - a sharp looking, performance oriented truck with a sports car handling package and a 6-speed manual transmission with ground effects to round out the package. All this and Toyota quality. Also, the interior is excellent including controls, gauges and comfort. Seats are great, stereo system excellent as well. Exterior fit and finish (desert sand pearl) are of the best quality I have seen. Before I purchased this truck I questioned quite a few Tacoma owners and all had positive comments. Thanks for a great truck

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.