2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Very Nice truck
By ToyTaco23 on 08/29/06 19:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have just bought my vehicle, so I do not have too much to base my decision on, but so far so great! I love the looks mostly of the vehicle, but the feel and drive of the truck is like no other. Handles extremely well, has a smooth almost car like ride, but still lets you know you are driving a TRUCK. Can't wait to try the 4x4 out.

Truck of Trucks
By DJ on 08/16/06 11:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Overall the Tacoma is what a truck should be modeled after. Rugged, reliable and fun to drive. If one is the market for a true 4X4 truck, buy a Tacoma.

Get the v6
By john on 08/08/06 20:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great truck in every aspect except I purchased the 4 cyl. It is my only regret. It took some getting used to, since I traded in a loaded 4x4 tahoe for this truck, but now I like it a lot. I highly recommend this vehicle. Make sure you get the v6 if you tow anything.

Good... but I expected better
By Eric on 08/08/06 06:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I went down in size for fuel economy from a full size Chevy to the Tacoma. For what was sacrificed in power, I'm only getting on average 19 mpg. In hilly terrain or in windy conditions on the interstate it's work to drive. Having to constantly downshift to make it up hills & then upshift at the top. I've had to have the springs replaced twice as they become very noisy. Loud squeaking on any bumps or even when getting in/out of the truck. Not quite the quality level expected from Toyota.

Nice truck.
By john hall on 08/08/06 04:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great truck. Fantastic acceleration for a truck in this price range. Gas mileage is pretty good considering engine size. If you want great gas mileage, be prepared to sacrifice performance and acceleration. I get 18-20 on the road, driving conservatively. A little less, driving aggressively. Give me acceleration and performance over gas mileage anyday. Glad I bought this truck.

Great Value
By Bruce Bowen on 08/07/06 19:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my access cab with a 4 cylinder and automatic three months ago and have 3k miles. I was a bit concerned about the four cylinder and automatic as far as power is concerned but it runs great, has enough power for what I use it for - commuting and occasionally going to the dump and towing a light trailer. This truck is bigger than my old '91 Mazda pickup, has a bigger engine, carries more, is quieter, more comfortable and still averages 22 mph in everyday use! Toyota's may cost a bit more but they are reliable and hold their value. The old saying is true - you get what you pay for.

Overall Satisfied
By Kurt on 08/03/06 18:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I echo many of the posted comments that are happy with truck. I am very picky, and point out at stop lights and in traffic at or below idle there is a slight shudder in the drive train. It happens when the AC is on. I feel it in a slow takeoff with my pedal foot. This happens at 1k idle or less. I am surprised over bumps you get “feedback” that I would have not expected, and it's likely due to needing to dampen the shocks and springs in the rear. I guess they are doing this in anticipation of the payload, but it would be nice to have the option to set the “drive” style. Other than that, excellent HP for a 6 cyl and good highway experience.

Owner of vehicle
By don on 07/23/06 22:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nice truck, long distance hauls are uncomfortable, seats still are not well padded, it is sporty and has looks, braking is still a little sluggish.

Relatively perfect
By EXTREMELY Satisfied on 07/20/06 08:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first new vehicle. I had done a lot of research into the Tacoma and I was very impressed, especially with the test drive. I also did research into competitors. There was no comparison. The Tacoma outperformed them all. I bought the Pre Runner Access Cab SR5 V6 with A/T. It comes with A/C, C/C, P/W, P/L, tow package and a CD player, keyless entry. No extra bells/whistles needed. The V6 is very powerful and very fast, plenty of power for towing. The transmission shifts smoothly and performs well. Road noise is minimal. I have taken it up to the mountains and on a long trip already, no problems. The truck powers up the grades with no trouble and cruises very comfortably. 100% Truck!

Toyota's Best Kept Secret
By SIGMUND DOUGLAS on 07/17/06 22:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Toyota Tacoma is Toyota’s best kept secret. Here is a truck that is fun to drive, is quick off the line, sure attracts attention and has a great sound system.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.