2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Awesome truck!
By toyotaman on 04/15/07 17:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned an 04 Nissan Frontier, which I immediately regretted buying, so I traded it for an 05 tacoma 4cyl. PreRunner. I loved that truck so much that when it got taken away from me by my father who was the cosignor, I had to have another one. So I bought an 06 PreRunner, this time with a v6. I absolutely love this truck! I wouldn't trade it for anything except maybe another Tacoma. wouldnt change anything as far as design goes. I just wish I'd spent the extra for a double cab long bed 4x4. Otherwise, I love my truck. Unfortunately so does my girlfriend, and we often argue over who gets to drive it.

Nice performance and room
By reed on 04/03/07 23:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had to replace my Audi with a truck for work purposes. I was expecting to be disappointed but this truck has exceeded my expectations. It has decent horsepower and torque. Handles well in snow (with four sand bags and studs), stereo sounds good, Sport package has nice options. Not the most comfortable ride but the truck can carry a decent load.

Love my truck
By G. Kennedy on 01/24/07 15:58 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have always wanted a Toyota Tacoma ever since they came out. Last November I purchased the 2006 Cab 6 cylender Tacoma with off road package and love affair has begun. To solve the gas mileage problem (17 city and 19 road), I got a bed cover and improved my gas mileage to 18 city and 22 road. One problem is the lock in 4 wheel drive does not have a light and in bad weather is hard to locate. Otherwise there is nothing bad I can say about this truck so buy it.

Great Truck
By John Seebach on 01/15/07 19:51 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Toyota Tacoma 4 dr access cab in 12/06. I was a faithful Ford Ranger owner prior to the Tacoma. I had a '97 Ranger until 4/06 and then purchased a 2006 Ranger. I was not pleased with the '06 Ranger. I took a chance on a Toyora Tacoma. Really enjoy the quality and performance of this vehicle, especially compared to the '06 Ranger. There really is a dramatic difference in quality, interior features and smooth ride. The gas mileage on the Tacoma is not as good -about 21 city and 24 highway - but the superior quality makes up for it.

Your best bet!
By wilbret on 12/23/06 09:02 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Highly recommended. After owning 3 Chevrolets, a Nissan, and a Mitsubishi, I can say that the Toyota takes the cake. This truck is meant to be a truck. It doesn't have all the frilly features you will find on other brands, but you won't need them, trust me. You are buying a truck. The ride is sturdy, noise kept to a minimum, the seats are comfortable and both front and rear seats have ample leg and headroom. If you are considering a pickup, Tacoma will satisfy your needs even if you are hunting a full-size. I wouldn't recommend it for towing anything over 5,000 lbs, though. It can handle the PULL, it's the stopping that becomes tough. This is my first non 4x4, and I can say so far so good.

Great Truck Except
By Todd Cranford on 12/08/06 12:10 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my truck; researched thoroughly before I made the purchase. I traded a 2003 Silverado and there really is no comparison between the two vehichles. I have put 4000 miles on it in all types of weather conditions and have to say that the driving experience is a pleasure. Going from the V8 in the Chevy to the V6 was a concern, but it turns out that my Tacoma has power to spare when needed. This is truly a great truck except for one issue that I hope to get resolved and does not cause any long term damage. I notice a tapping in the engine, only on cold starts and it certainly has me alarmed although it quits after the engine is warm. My dealership will resolve this issue.

Tacoma - built for the long road.
By Ozgard on 11/24/06 12:42 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I shopped around for a few months. I looked at the Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Ford F15 and Nissan Frontier. What pulled me to the Tacoma was the number of older Tacomas still looking great. I talked to a few Tacoma owners and asked them how they liked their truck and they all responded that they loved their truck. I am very happy that I went with the Tacoma. The truck feels solid and drives extremely well. The gas mileage could be a little better but I'll take 18 MPG versus some of the other trucks. If you want a truck thats built Tacoma's the one.

Tacoma
By TACOMA on 11/21/06 17:31 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first truck and I love it. The truck is strong and looks nice. I have over 1200 miles and no problems so far. The ride height is high, though feels bumpy at times. Gas is good but doesnÂ’t match advertised mileage so far. All my friends dig it, they all want to drive it, haha. Overall runs smooth, except in stop and go traffic, automatic is kinda shifty.

06 Tacoma 4X4
By DJ on 11/21/06 08:01 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Second truck issued, first was replaced using the lemon law. Current truck has clutch and 4x4 disengagement problems. I wished Toyota would have kept the Tacoma as a smaller truck... this would have helped with the gas mileage. I'm currently getting 21 hwy / 18 city.

Cool truck
By Alex Roberts on 11/17/06 16:46 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Really nice to drive.The 4.0 is really quick. You have to get the TRD off road package to get the real nice interior and features. The four wheel drive is excellent in the snow. I am disappointed with how fast the bf goodrich tires wore in just the first 12,000 miles from all highway driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.