2006 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Strong enough for Papa but Made for Mama
By Tacoma Mama on 01/10/06 23:42 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned a few Toyotas 1985 Celica Gts -- 1990 (I think) Previa -- 1997 Rav4 but I the Tacoma is by far my favorite. A neighbour saw my truck in the garage (yep - It even fits in the garage) and asked my daughter how her Dad liked HIS truck. News flash ... This truck is great for us ladies who still like to have fun, love to go to the mountains and yet want a safe, reliable and quiet ride. Move over boys! I'm loving the sport package and the awesome sound system! The interior is mod looking and has lots of room. I love how the Tacoma handles on the highway and it has lots of punch in the city but I can't wait to go camping!!

Truck For Life
By Bryan on 01/10/06 13:59 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've always been driving a car, but when Toyota made a bigger Tacoma, I told myself, it is time. I usually drive this truck in the city, but I have taken it to the beach, mud, and dirt roads. Let me tell you, this truck can handle it all. I even helped a Ford F150 that got stuck in the sand. I may have lost my 3 series BMW, but I got this new TACOMA. This bad boy handles very good. It's so smooth, you will think you're driving a car.

Tacoma ROCKS
By gtiger on 01/09/06 12:47 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 4dr Access Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Got my tacoma a day before christmas, a prerunner 4cyl, access cab, silver with SR5 and alloy wheels. Absolutely love it, lots of room, drives smooth, has all the bells and whistles I always wanted in a pick-up. Overall quality of the interior is far superior than the other competitors.

F150 to Tacoma
By Dave L on 01/07/06 22:52 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Finally got a truck worth writing about. Downsized from the Ford F150 Lariat with the 5.4 liter gas guzzling engine. I did not lose any comfort in the downsize and gained excellent gas mileage. Got 18 MPG on the first tank and 20 MPG the second tank and that included pulling my bass boat. The 4.0 V6 is a stong engine and the ride is just as comfortable as my F150 Lariat. Transmission and Tow package handled pulling my bass boat with ease. Drove through some pretty tough spots while deer hunting w/o four wheel drive and didn't get stuck. I plan to add the bilstein shocks myself for off road use. Don't have one regret in making the switch.

Love it
By TRD06 on 01/03/06 17:54 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my truck for just about a month now, and I love to drive it. We took it on a trip to NJ and got 20 mpg. Not bad for a pickup.

Great truck
By thegreydog on 01/02/06 01:16 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

A great buy! I have owned many trucks and this is by far the best. It has plenty of power and it is comfortable ride. I really don't know what else to say. If you are looking for a great mid-size truck, this is the one. It has everything you ask for.

06 Tacoma Crew Prerunner LB
By Steve on 12/31/05 10:04 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Tacoma for about 6 weeks and have 3300 miles on it. I shopped all the mid-sizes and bought the right one. I have trailer tow pkg, longbed, side curtain airbags, alloy wheels, and running lights. Controls are friendly, comfort exceptional, handling good. I am a very conservative driver, keep my tires firm, and only can get 18.5-19 mpg hwy. One main reason for buying was mileage and it's not there. Long box is a big plus. I wish the truck had auto-on lights like my old Sonoma had, but other than those two items, I love it. It runs well, rides good, and looks great. Despite the mileage disappointment, I still wouldn't trade for anything else I've seen.

2006 tacoma
By rocky on 12/28/05 09:39 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my new Tacoma access cab. I like this truck very much. I traded in my 02 tacoma for it.There is a big difference in the new model nicer interior and there is more room inside.The engine has more power and is fun to drive. I'm getting about 18 miles per gallon around town.

Good Performance truck
By CollinsT on 12/27/05 13:41 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I didn't think anything would take the place of my Acura Rsx in the fun factor but, this truck is a really nice truck, very good looks. Has all that I need to haul dirtbikes. Not only does it look like a good truck, but it handles very good. 0.9 in the skidpad, now that is impressive. Plus Toyota's reliability and resale value are top notch.

YOU JUST CAN'T BEAT IT
By xsideoutx on 12/21/05 10:52 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

While in the market for a new vehicle I test drove all the competing trucks. When it came to quality, and that crucial "fun to drive" factor, no one came close to the Toyota Tacoma. With the TRD SR5 Off-road package this baby makes my morning commutes fun, and it turns heads. The engine has plenty of torque, the truck is built like a tank, it drives great in the snow, the interior is modern and quality built, and most important of all, my pregnant wife feels safe inside. I recommend that anyone in the market for a new truck test drives a Tacoma before making a final decision. You won't be disappointed! Can't wait to take this Bad Boy to the hills! TOYOTA ROCKS!!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.