2006 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews 20

2006 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Pay for what you get
By seeker on 02/09/06 11:31 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Yes the Tacoma is expensive, but you pay for what you get this day in age. The option you get with the TRD package are mind blowing. And you get the reliability of a Toyota. Need I say more. Stop researching and buy it!!!

Like the circus clowns in the car
By keepsdad on 02/08/06 13:57 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

How does Toyota do it? SOO much truck for so little money. 4 door cab is extremely roomy and comfy. V6 mated to the 5 speed auto is more than ample power - truck will scoot. Ride is unblievable for a truck. My wife (who is not a truck person) compares the ride to a car. She's right. Very stable handling. mine came with the limited slip diff. and on a recent long distance, high speed trip in TORRENTIAL rain it was stable as a rock. No wheel spin, no traction loss at all. Stereo is killer - sounds better than the one is my expensive sports car. Back bed liner is tough - BUT slippery for my dogs. easily fixed with rubber bed mat. Fit and finish is typical Toyota - tops. Paint is lustrous.

Wow!
By Paul on 02/06/06 17:09 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this truck a few days ago and have already put 200 miles on it simply because it is that fun to drive! Excellent build--just a monster on the road. Came w/ a 3" suspension lift and AT tires that only magnify the rugged look and feel. Recommended to anyone looking to have reliability and an overall fun time with a new vehicle.

Compare to 2004
By Cameron on 02/02/06 17:58 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my 2004 TRD 4WD for this truck. Feel like completely different trucks. 06 feels/drives much heavier (it is). Despite increase in HP, doesn't feel any faster. Very comfortable, mileage is same on highway as 04 (20-22mpg) worse in city (16mpg or less!) which is very disappointing. Weight and size may mean that it doesn't off-road as well as 04, which was extremely capable. Plastic molding on wheel wells looks like it could damage more easily than on 04. Over-all I feel like they made big improvements on comfort and style but might have taken short cuts on durability. Verdict is still out. If you have an older Tacoma, think hard before trading on this one. it's not a compact anymore!

Toyota Tacoma
By ned5178 on 02/01/06 22:55 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck has been a glory whether driving in the snow or on drive asphalt. The truck handles like no other I've driven (just in case your wondering I've driven ford, chevy, mazda and GMC). It also does very well for gas for a 4.0 liter engine. This is a phenomenal truck.

Perfect Truck
By WLC on 01/30/06 18:18 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is just about perfect. Great power, handling, comfort. The gas mileage could be better (averaging 16 mpg in mixed highway). Has a high fun factor, throw it into corners and punch it merging on the freeway. I bought the sports package with stereo upgrade, and had the Snugtop shell installed by the factory. All well worth the money in my opinion.

Excellent
By vlapizco on 01/30/06 11:09 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Best priced pick up in the market for its exterior and interior design, reliability and performance on the road. Perfect size; not too big or too small.

My Choice Toy
By jersey joe on 01/15/06 13:23 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had never owned an import but was getting tired not having the reliabilty after 75k miles. The Tacoma was listed on the UAW.com website as a Union Made car to buy. Then after comparing on Edmunds.com nothing better in its class. The price was even better in some cases. So far it has been perfect choice. Fun to drive, more comfort than I even thought possible. Especially on the highway.

Underwhelmed
By Don-T on 01/13/06 23:41 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '06 Sport pkg 4 dr short bed a couple months ago after trading in my 2000 Tundra. I've had Toyota trucks for 18 years now and I'm a bit dissapointed in their latest offering. I find the ride much harsher than previous trucks, like old solid axle GMC's. That has translated to numerous ugly rattles that the dealer can't seem to find. The Sport seats are comfy for about 30 miles and then get progressively harder. I don't like loosing the cassette player and ashtray either. Style is a personal thing but using a third of the dash for the radio and painting it all silver is a little pushy. The V6 is short on torque like the previous V6's but does get V8 gas mileage.

Customer Satisfaction
By David Fernandez on 01/11/06 09:15 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Best priced pick up in the market for its exterior and interior design, reliability and performance on the road. It will become the number# 1 selling truck in America!