2006 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Disappointed but still a good truck
By Nelson Colon on 03/19/06 18:19 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase a 2006 Tacoma Pre-Runner Jan of this year, it is my second Tacoma and I really have enjoyed the old one as well as the new 2006. There are some disappointments on this truck, if you happen to be traveling and there is a need to hang your clothing by using hangers you will not be able to see out of the rear view mirror, it will completely block your view. I find it hard to believe that the engineers at Toyota actually allow this to happen this is a hassaress and should have been discuss and relocated as the truck was been tested (is obvious they did not test the truck well). The brakes are spongy,squeal like a pig, hard to stop.

Great truck
By rande on 03/16/06 10:34 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 8th toyota truck. My first was a 1986. I love the double cab and the long bed. Enough room and power to take the family and pull the boat, plus load my HD in the bed. The quality is second to none. Great looks as well.

SWEET TRUCK
By przemekmsu on 03/12/06 19:16 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first Toyota ever. So far so good. I love the muscular look of the exterior. The interior is very nice, it looks like you are driving a camry or something. I got the TRD off road package and I am taking in off road and it is so much FUN. The six speed manual transmission is cool to drive. Although the clutch is little loud when I am changing gears. Over all the truck has really good handling. The truck is definitely little more expensive than the competitors on the market, but you are getting a great truck that will last you for a very long time and toyota's reliability.

2006 tacoma
By carl on 03/07/06 08:02 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Noise in motor like pellet noise when cold sometimes hot when driving 30mph 50mph. Fabric coming apart from drivers seat. Surprised on this seat and noise.

Big disappointment
By Tokyo Joe on 03/03/06 20:16 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my dream truck 3 weeks ago but it has been nothing like a dream but a disappointment. Engine constantly knocks and the knocking stops only when I remove my right foot from the gas pedal or when going downhill. I also hear an unusual noise coming from the engine room during warm-ups and for the first few miles. It's a growling noise and sounds like something loose tapping. A local dealer says it's a normal sounding engine without driving it and cars are supposed to emit a lot of noises during its break-in period. My car is only 500 miles old and I'm planning to take it back to the dealer if the noises continue when break-in period is over. Toyota is helping to solve the issue.

My 2006 Pre-Runner
By Blackie on 03/03/06 11:29 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my fourth Toyota, a Tacoma Pre- runner SR5, and it's probably going to be my last one. I love my Tacoma's looks, quality and performance; but there is no adjustment for raising the driver's seat. I sit much too low, and I am 5'9" tall. Also, there's no audible signal from the remote door locking device; I have to watch the turn signal lights to see if they flash. I know this sounds like petty stuff, but I'm tired of Toyota doing things on the cheap in their top-of-the- line vehicles. Next time I'll take a closer look at the competition.

What a difference!!
By Bo in SoCal on 02/28/06 14:02 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my 06 Tacoma for a nearly 3 weeks now and absolutely love it. The truck is the perfect size and the design is awesome.On of my friends bought a newer Silverado and I was amazed that the Tacoma was just as tall and long, STOCK! It rides much better than my old Dakota and is definitely more solid. I have no complaints with this truck!!

06 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab LB
By ED on 02/22/06 22:08 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I received the truck with 8 miles and now I have 1100 miles. The quality is as expected-Great and Dependable. Which were the reasons for it's purchase. Power is adequate but somewhat dissapointing in what I thought it would be. Gas mileage is between 18-19mpg. Rather plain inside, no thrill or gadgets which is OK. Truck is a lot larger than pre- '05. Very similar to the Tundra in size. Love the composite bed and the 4 doors are so handy. So far the truck has been wonderful..glad I bought the Tacoma. Toyota makes a great vehicle.

Nothing else comes close
By akf on 02/13/06 17:23 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 5th Toyota, and my 2nd Toyota Truck. There is no comparison in the engine power, noise level, fit and finish, and interior comfort among trucks this size. It is MUCH larger than the old Tacoma, and feels like a 4-runner with a bed tacked on. Gets up and goes. I Love it.

Pay for what you get
By seeker on 02/09/06 11:31 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Yes the Tacoma is expensive, but you pay for what you get this day in age. The option you get with the TRD package are mind blowing. And you get the reliability of a Toyota. Need I say more. Stop researching and buy it!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.