2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Functional and Fun
By ThaBeazer on 10/29/05 22:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just got my 06 Tacoma PreRunner, and I love it. It was a long overdue upgrade to my 96 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS. It rides almost like a regular car, but has the height and power you need in a truck. Compared to other vehicles in its class, the Tacoma is a better dollar value, and also an ongoing maintenance value.

You cant lose with this truck
By me on 10/26/05 18:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck has everything you would need in a vehicle. Smooth ride, solid quality, passenger room and great looks. The tow package is outstanding!!!

The best V6 truck of its type
By ejerdak on 10/20/05 13:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota purchase. I never seen such quality interior and exterior even on Luxury vehicles. I got the TRD Sports package with 17" wheels.

Close but still not the perfect "10"
By MSter on 10/15/05 01:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After much research through this site, I decided to buy the Tacoma. It seemed to come out on top (or close) with each comparison (e.g. mileage, towing, interior room, styling, and sense of quality. This truck leaves a lasting impression of quality. Gives a solid "thud" when closing the doors (I love that sound!). Good visibility although the rear headrests can be obstructive. Some of the negative areas I have found since ownership is the automatic transmission seems to search around for the right gearing to match your speed. The brakes also seem a little squishy. I haven't towed with the vehicle yet but am cautiously curious about braking performance under load.

There's an old saying
By Rick V on 10/12/05 18:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Toyota truck I've owned. I will soon part w/my T100. I am really enjoying my new Tacoma. It's comfortable and roomy with just the right amount of horsepower.

Downsized
By Tom Godwin on 10/08/05 15:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Got out of Chevy 4 door crew cab. Good truck but 5.3l 8cyl was only averaging 13.2 miles for driving habits. Got 18 on first tank with Taco. 10 gallons less a week. Old truck was very comfortable because of size but I didn't really loose much here. It is actually very comfortable for its size. Prerunner has nice high-ride feel too. Plenty of power.

06 Tacoma double cab Sport Ed.
By elintseeker on 10/06/05 03:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The ever elusive double cab sport in silver has been worth every penny. Driving this truck is a dream come true. The sport edition ride is silky smooth with the occasional nudge of its blistien shocks, indicating her wild side. The automatic trans is very user friendly and makes me feel like I am preparing for take off from a carrier or something. The seating is suprisingly high as I find myself looking down on most commuters. Though the short bed leaves little for contractors I believe it looks and fits best with the double cab configuration. Thanks Toyota.

Powerful and fun to drive.
By Michael Green on 10/02/05 08:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Tacoma is great! Bought for weekend fun and family hauler. Leather seats are so comfortable. Best part is it fits in the garage.

love my 4X4
By Don Ray on 09/26/05 21:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an 06 Dbl cab TRD sport 4X4, it took me 3 months to get this truck the way I wanted it but I have it now. Nice truck, speedway blue is the bomb. Got 17 mpg on first tank, not bad. Just put a Flowmaster muffler, sounds real good now. I wish the electric plug in the back wood work with the truck not running, useless this way.

Is there a better truck in this class?
By B Sarlo on 09/25/05 20:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

If your looking for anything else you will lose out. This truck has it all. Power, ride, comfort, fun to drive. I've driven most of them and this is the winner and stands out above all the rest. Thanks Toyota. Great job in buliding a excellent truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.