Used 2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Keith's Opinion
By Keith Hamel

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun truck. Good 4 passenger pickup. 4.0 v6 lots of power. California freeway driver here. Was looking for a Tundra, not needed. Live in No. Calif. Ran to Las Vegas last week.. very, very nice.

Good power for v6. Roomy for a "small truck". Lots of desert climate where I drive. Nice cold a/c.

Body style a little lacking, specifically grille and hood. Other than that it's a nice truck.

TRD Tacoma Double Cab SB
By NJNUT

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned several trucks and this is by far the best I owned. I have driven it long on long trips and it is comfortable to drive. The truck feels very solid on the road, much more car like than the past without being a car. I like trucks and didn't want to own a car. The 4 door models give quite a bit of leg room not at all like the older double cabs. Toyota's build quality is the bench mark of the industry. The 4.0 liter V-6 is like a n8 with better gas ratings. 4X4 TRD package is nice and the 4x4 is one of the best I owned. Driving through the tough beach sand is easy.

Composite bed, tie down rails, 4x4, TRD package, build quality, ride quality.

The only thing that bothers me is that the air vents don't adjust high enough and they hit your hands on the steering wheel. The rail system could be a bit nicer. After that I can't see the need for improvement.

Logical Opinion - Tall Man
By EAHinsch

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Tacoma is my fourth Toyota, and second Tacoma (1999). This truck is substantially larger than the previous models and it is wonderful. I am 6'6", 290 lbs and I fit in the vehicle with plenty of room. I do enjoy the interior and exterior styling and feel it gets decent gas mileage for a truck that is built to be taken off-road. If you are looking for fuel efficiency, I don't know why you would be looking for a 4WD truck. I have 8,800 miles on my Taco and it has not had any problems. The truck has plenty of power when you need it and drives like a truck, which I enjoy. If you want a "car-like" ride, I recommend a 4Runner which I own as well or a Highlander. This is a man's truck!

Stocky exterior styling, BF Goodrich tires, 110V Outlet in Bed, firm seats, storage in the doors and seats, torque and power.

Auxilliary input for the iPod, the auto up/down for the driver window, power seats, navigation, sunroof, and maybe a full retracting rear window. Minor suggestions. Overall a wonderful truck! Highly recommended!

Love Love Relationship
By patientmantra72

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Tacoma is an all around awsome truck. After driving a huge Chevy Tahoe for years, mileage is definitely much better with the tacoma, and its 4x abilities are awesome. Very solid truck right off the lot.

Suspension package with the bilstien shocks was a wise choice. Great performance.

TRD Sport
By skysharks4

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The styling is awesome and aggressive. I like the whole mid-size truck concept. The ride is a little stiff but thatís the way a truck should feel.

Aggressive design and 6 disc in-dash CD player with steering mounted controls.

Install clips to hold the seatbelts from falling under the the rear seat when raised.