2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Love it
By TRD06 on 01/03/06 17:54 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my truck for just about a month now, and I love to drive it. We took it on a trip to NJ and got 20 mpg. Not bad for a pickup.

06 Tacoma Crew Prerunner LB
By Steve on 12/31/05 10:04 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Tacoma for about 6 weeks and have 3300 miles on it. I shopped all the mid-sizes and bought the right one. I have trailer tow pkg, longbed, side curtain airbags, alloy wheels, and running lights. Controls are friendly, comfort exceptional, handling good. I am a very conservative driver, keep my tires firm, and only can get 18.5-19 mpg hwy. One main reason for buying was mileage and it's not there. Long box is a big plus. I wish the truck had auto-on lights like my old Sonoma had, but other than those two items, I love it. It runs well, rides good, and looks great. Despite the mileage disappointment, I still wouldn't trade for anything else I've seen.

YOU JUST CAN'T BEAT IT
By xsideoutx on 12/21/05 10:52 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

While in the market for a new vehicle I test drove all the competing trucks. When it came to quality, and that crucial "fun to drive" factor, no one came close to the Toyota Tacoma. With the TRD SR5 Off-road package this baby makes my morning commutes fun, and it turns heads. The engine has plenty of torque, the truck is built like a tank, it drives great in the snow, the interior is modern and quality built, and most important of all, my pregnant wife feels safe inside. I recommend that anyone in the market for a new truck test drives a Tacoma before making a final decision. You won't be disappointed! Can't wait to take this Bad Boy to the hills! TOYOTA ROCKS!!!!

Functional and Great Looking
By XChevyOwner on 12/18/05 20:14 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just sold my fullsize for my Toy Double Cab. First tank, just over 21mpg frwy. 2nd tank just over 16mpg city. Averaging 18mpg. After 1200 miles I floored it for the first time... very impressive power. Spacious front & rear legroom. Storage is convenient, secure and out of plain view. Bed is modular, highly functional. Worry-free surface. Invest in a rubber bed mat. JBL sound system is a must. Audio controls on the steering-wheel are awesome. There is more audio than I can handle! Crisp, clear, loud and the powerful base, turns heads. Pre-runner height is just right. The ride is fair to stiff. This is my fourth truck, 3rd toyota truck. Nice to be back in a Toyota.

Overall a great truck
By Den on 12/17/05 01:09 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 2nd pre-runner I've owned in the past 5 years (4 Toyotas altogether). Overall, quality is great-what you expect from this company. I bought it for my wife but she liked my '04 V8 4Runner more.

Fun Toy
By PCM on 12/01/05 22:17 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this Crew Cab Pre-runner for weekend Home Depot trips. So far, I am extremely impressed and am still wondering how Toyota could sell a truck with so much for such a reasonable price. Toyota's reputation caused me not to consider any competition models. The truck is well built, high quality and comfortable. It is actually fun to drive with plenty of power. I love its look.

It's Time for Toyota
By Rob on 11/27/05 22:15 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been waiting so long for a truck like this to come along, MAN do I love this Truck! I have always liked small trucks and wanted one for several years but, up until now, the small truck market was just too impractical (small) and wimpy (underpowered). I have a family and need to have a roomy cab, a powerful engine, and good cargo space but I don't work construction so I want it in a right-sized package. Finally it had to look cool. This Truck just hits the nail right on the head. It's actually fun to drive, tons of torque and acceleration, great road feel plus great gas mileage. This truck is a head-turner and it's my first Toyota, why did I wait so long????

First 500
By Steve - Cincinnati on 11/07/05 09:50 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far I have 460 miles on our new Tacoma and I love it. I special ordered mine and at first there are a metallic sound from the undercarriage when the engine was cold. That has since gone away. I purchased a TRD with VSC (Vehicle Stability Control), DHA (Down Hill Assist), and HSA Hill Start Assist). We have taken it off road just a little and the 4 wheel drive works wonderfully. I have not found a way to test the DHA or the HSA yet but I bet that it will work just fine. I am still taking it slow and easy because I am still in the under 500-mile club. I have a feeling that I will never sell this truck.

Toyota - well deserved brand for quality
By pcm on 11/06/05 19:17 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very impressed with my first truck I purchased for occasional trip to Home Depot. I got the TRD Sport Package and thought that is the most practical option. The truck is amazingly well equiped for its relatively low price.

Still loving it.
By Don Ray on 11/02/05 22:10 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have now put 2,000 miles on it and still loving it. Best tank of fuel got me 20.10 mpg. Put A.R.E. bed cover and stainless steel side bars, flow master 3 stage muffler, stainless steel tip. Looks and sounds great, Love this truck. traded my 2002 for this 2006. Went fourwheeling and climbed everything I have the guts to climb.. The sport model has limited slip and it is the way to go.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.