2006 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: 06 Tacoma, three years in.

2006 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

V6 Double Cab (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed)

06 Tacoma, three years in.
By Chuck W on

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2006 Black, 4WD, Short-bed TRD, used in June of 2007. It had 20K miles on it, and it is sitting at just over 60K miles now (April 2010). Wanted a smaller truck that was 4WD with four doors and I was willing to sacrifice power, fun, and space. So far, the space is the only sacrifice. The bed is pretty small when hauling things, but I knew that going into the deal. For the trucks size and weight, the power is outstanding. I pulled a Chevy 1500 out of a ditch with ease of course, I was still on asphalt and had good traction. Regardless, this was my first Toyota truck and I will own it until the wheels fall off! Great little truck, and still get compliments all the time.

The TRD package is great when playing off-road. The highway drive and handling is so-so but it's a TRUCK, people! I have not put it in the mud, but have played in the dirt and sand quite a bit with all original/stock suspension and tires. Too much fun!

Would have liked to see a sturdier bed with more tie downs. MP3 Disc, or Aux jack would have been nice. I'm 6' tall and weigh 190, the front seats are a little narrow, but still comfortable for normal use. I do have to make frequent stops when driving more than a couple of hours, though.