2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
06 tacoma
By dean40 on 07/15/11 10:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

have had this truck for a year now, and the only thing i have done is change the oil and filters, great truck!

Transmission Problems
By Gino64 on 11/12/09 14:05 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fell in love with the tacoma design and had to buy one. I give it low marks on performance because I'm having problems with the automatic transmission. The truck vibrates at low speeds and can't seem to find the low gears. Took it to the dealer and was told that it was normal. The problem still persists and I will contact the dealer and Toyota.

Overrated
By tacmot on 04/24/09 22:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I initially bought this 2006 TRD Tacoma, I was initially blown away with the styling and capability. Did a lot of bragging for Yota and probably sold a few vehicles for them. Fast forward 2 years, "the honeymoon is over" and it time for real solid engineering and time tested design to take over but I feel that this is not the one. This truck has not left me on the side of the road but is giving "indications of potential unreliable conditions" i.e. the tranny works but feels like it has begun a death march. The engine runs but sounds like it could have some problems in the not so distant future. learned my lesson, you be smart, learn from my mistake, buy an F-150, ford I'm coming home.

Oh What a Feeling!
By TNRiverjet on 02/06/09 18:46 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck as a demo with 8K miles. I now have 82K plus in about two years and it is still ticking strong. I do find the seats uncomfortable for long road trips, but every other part of interior design and layout is perfect. Storage is excellent. I had the rear leaf TSB performed to replace the original springs. The new 4 leaf springs handle weight much better than stock. I use Michelin LTX AT tires. This truck rides and drives like a car! It is sporty, powerful, nimble. It is also easy to maneuver in parking lots/garages and around town. Service has been minimum/standard and I have had no warranty issues. The transmission seems to seek gears esp. around 40 mph.

Worth Every Penny
By Parrothead on 09/29/08 10:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Toyota PreRunner for over 2 yrs now and I have no regrets about purchasing this truck. It has met or exceeded my expectations, and is far superior in quality than the Ford, Chevy, and Dodge products that I have owned. My only complaint is the angulation of the center air vent on the driver's side; it blows air directly on the driver even when an attempt is made to angle it toward the rear cab. Domestic truck manufacturers have a long way to go to meet the quality and dependability of this vehicle.

Great Truck
By Clell on 10/17/07 22:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Black pearl TRD sport version with tow package and graphite leather installed by dealer. Found a new 6 disc tacoma stereo on ebay and had installed (under $130 total), replaced my single disc. Installed a K&N cold air induction system and would highly recomend one. Bought the window vent visors that install inside of the window track and have had no problems (looks better than glued on the cab). Westen step bars and UWS tool box perform and look fine. Has been a great truck so far. My last truck was a 1996 Toyota T-100 for ten years and it was a fine truck as well.

My experience
By Sid Noonan on 06/29/07 19:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this truck for almost 2 years and love it. It has a decent amount of power for a midsize truck.

Nice Truck
By Frank L. on 05/30/07 07:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My truck has been wonderful to own. I have almost 25,000 miles on it and it has not given my any problems.

Reliable, Functional Performer
By tacoma_tx on 02/13/07 08:08 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is by far the best in its class. I test drove every manufacturer's mid-size trucks and the Tacoma was all around the best truck. It is worth the extra money relative to domestic trucks, considering resale value of Toyota. The Toyota has an excellent reputation of making outstanding vehicles. The visual appearence is obviously eye catching. The interior is designed well and very functional. The performance is outstanding. The V6 has more power than it needs, which is the way it should be. I tow a trailer and haul loads all the time and it welcomes a challenge with no problem. I have had no problems with my truck. Although I wish it had 4x4, the 4x2 performs outstanding offroad.

Excellent truck, on and off road
By AZDriver on 11/27/06 20:13 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Tacoma for a year and half and this truck is great! The truck is comfortable, spacious, and has excellent power. I use the truck to take me on my trips camping, snowboarding, fishing, and many other adventures and this truck seems to handle them all with ease. It also has a great ride on the road.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.