Used 2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

An incredible truck
By daveyo

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2006 Tacoma is the first truck I've owned and it is amazing. I've driven it over 280,000 miles and the only repair its needed was a transmission rebuild (didn't change the fluid frequently). I do change the oil regularly, and now change the transmission fluid regularly. This truck shows no signs of slowing down. Mechanically - its as sound as they come. The interior is very durable. After 280K, the driver's seat shows very little wear.

I'd buy it again!
By ed beasley

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this to pull a pretty heavy bass boat through Ozark mountains comfortably and have
room for 2 good size dogs. It has had no trouble pulling the boat up and down those mountains,
even passing up steep hills with the boat. I'm on 150,000 miles and maintenance has been basically
a couple sets of tires, and a set of breaks. It still rides good.

Beware of The Clunky , Rusty 2005-2011 Tacoma !
By Bill Robertson

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

While the engine is strong and the truck seems to hold up , the issues with cracking leaf springs and rusty frames makes me tell people to be very careful . My trucks leaf springs died at 67k miles and at the time Toyota had not recalled the nearly 700,000 tacomas ... Although I fixed it I am not getting reimbursement from Toyolet ,and they continue to cheat me and thousands of other customers . Google "Toyota rusty frames " or " Tacoma leaf springs failure " .. While the trucks look butch they are weak and the customer service is an abomination ... Beware of the last generation Junk Tacomas from Toyolet , not worth the money or the hassles .. Buy a real truck .

2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport Manual trans 4X4
By tomtabil

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Nice truck, it has a lot of power, leveled, cold air kit, Flow master, goes like a rocket, third gear is the happy spot, you're in a truck that is a ball to drive.
Hard to drive with maturity, just begs to light up Nissan, F150s and the ilk.
Had to figure out how to grease the grease fittings on the u joints, okay other than you have to pull a little heat shield to get to one on the front propeller shaft (aka front drive line).
Be gentle on the clutch, get on it and get off it, they made two clutches, , the L UK on mine was replaced on warranty at 30000 miles.
So much power I think it just is too much for the clutch.
The 06 used premium, I think it helps.

Oil filter on top of the motor, Generous seating, good power, nice manual transmission, so good fifth and sixth gear is almost not needed.

Better fuel mileage, better clutch, both tougher and needing less leg force to operate, Height adjustable driver seat should be standard.

Best truck ive ever had
By firefighter632

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ive had my 2006 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Offroad for 2 yrs now and LOVE it. The only downside i can find doesnt even apply to me which is the steering wheel tilted all the way up is still very difficult for my big brother (6'4 260) to drive comfortably. He loves the room in the backseat better than our dads Chevy Z71. I have put over 28K on the truck without doing anything but oil change every 5K and new tires once. I did put on a 3 in leveling kit with 265/75/16 tires. I can say im sold on Toyota Tacoma as my truck of choice for the future!

I cant name them all!

Allow for a little more room for bigger size drivers.