Used 2006 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner V6 Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Best kept secret
By Gary

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this X-Runner right off the showroom floor and it has been turning heads ever since. Incredible handling, drives like it is on rails. Fun 6 speed stick, comfortable, roomy interior, great sound system. Control panels easy to use, overhead compartment for garage opener, sun glasses Easy access reaching into bed due to low profile. Even has ac outlet in bed if you need to use power tools, vacuum cleaner, radio, etc. Great idea! Haven't had a single issue with this truck. Would recommend factory mud flaps due to road rash on bumped out rear wheel wells. Other than that, this truck is a home run!

Favorite Features

6 speed, comfy interior, handling, ac power feature.

Suggested Improvements

Mud flaps to control road rash in rear fender wells. Power rear window.

I've always been a car guy
By oldcarguy

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've been a car guy all my life. Never had much interest in a truck. I'm convinced that some car guys at Toyota got together and decided to make a truck for car guys. I've never had as many compliments about any car I've owned, including a 91 Vette. I like the ride and feel of the truck and the handling is off the charts for a factory truck with a warranty. I average about 22-24 mpg and really enjoy my time behind the wheel. Granted, it's not an off road machine, but I don't need it to, either. In a nutshell, I enjoy leaving behind full size V8 trucks that cost thousands more, and even leaving behind V6 Mustangs and Camaros on the mountain roads around my home. Thanks Toyota!

Favorite Features

The exterior styling is great and really turns heads. People are always telling me they love it and that they've never seen one quite like it. The handling is great and the power is always there when you want some.

Suggested Improvements

Supercharge the 4.0 V6.

Toyota's Best Kept Secret
By SIGMUND DOUGLAS

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Toyota Tacoma is Toyota’s best kept secret. Here is a truck that is fun to drive, is quick off the line, sure attracts attention and has a great sound system.

Favorite Features

Lots of interior room.

Suggested Improvements

The rear wheels should be a bit wider, rear window should be powered and more colors should be available.

Great Truck
By michael H. Schneider

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I saw a picture and description of the X-Runner in Car & Driver magazine. I liked what I saw - a sharp looking, performance oriented truck with a sports car handling package and a 6-speed manual transmission with ground effects to round out the package. All this and Toyota quality. Also, the interior is excellent including controls, gauges and comfort. Seats are great, stereo system excellent as well. Exterior fit and finish (desert sand pearl) are of the best quality I have seen. Before I purchased this truck I questioned quite a few Tacoma owners and all had positive comments. Thanks for a great truck

Favorite Features

Hemi V6 aluminum engine with 6-speed manual transmission plus above comments.

Suggested Improvements

How about an optional supercharger, dealer installed soon and at an affordable price

Good Performance truck
By CollinsT

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I didn't think anything would take the place of my Acura Rsx in the fun factor but, this truck is a really nice truck, very good looks. Has all that I need to haul dirtbikes. Not only does it look like a good truck, but it handles very good. 0.9 in the skidpad, now that is impressive. Plus Toyota's reliability and resale value are top notch.

Favorite Features

The 115 volt/400 watt plug in the truck bed. The overall look of the truck. Oh and good handling.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is not that great. Its a V6 but I want at least 20 average