2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
paint!
By Mike on 03/13/09 21:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner 4dr Access Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Use the truck only for recreation; road trips to races, tailgating, a few cross-country road trips. I'm 6'5" and have plenty of legroom. Firm but comfortable ride, hiway mileage is acceptable. Have an automatic tranny and quickly learned to keep the truck in 4th in hill county. 5 speeds are nice for flatland mileage but it constantly shifts between 4th and 5th in hilly country. Only major complaint is that the paint is junk. "Impulse red" looks great but it chips if you look at it wrong. I've seen this complaint from other reviewers so I'm far from alone. Never, ever had a vehicle that chipped so easily. If it weren't for this I'd rate the truck as far and away the best in class.

Solid ride
By HeywoodJablome on 07/09/08 20:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner 4dr Access Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I can't believe people still consider the Tacoma a "small" truck. This thing grew massively on its last re-design. It is not the same Toyota truck I learned to drive on in 1986. I am a heavyweight myself, and find the truck very accommodating. The interior looks good, great exterior styling, and the bed with all of its features is the best design out there. The economy of the engine is great too.

She's a keeper! 4 cyl, pre-run, access
By Big John on 06/30/06 23:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner 4dr Access Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

My first Truck. Researched for 6 months. This truck has been really fun. I don't need 4WD or a V6. I wanted a truck to haul things with but also to get good highway mpg so I went with the 4cyl. The power has been fine since the engine is 2.7L, but only 20mpg. Sticker said I'd get 27hwy. I really wanted the Desert Sand but most dealers only had silver. Then I found a store which ordered up the Gold for me, and the build date was 2 days after I ordered! I'm 6'3", 250 and have a ton of room. My anti-truck friends admit they are impressed

Tacoma ROCKS
By gtiger on 01/09/06 12:47 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab PreRunner 4dr Access Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Got my tacoma a day before christmas, a prerunner 4cyl, access cab, silver with SR5 and alloy wheels. Absolutely love it, lots of room, drives smooth, has all the bells and whistles I always wanted in a pick-up. Overall quality of the interior is far superior than the other competitors.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.