Used 2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Best truck ive ever had
By firefighter632

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ive had my 2006 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Offroad for 2 yrs now and LOVE it. The only downside i can find doesnt even apply to me which is the steering wheel tilted all the way up is still very difficult for my big brother (6'4 260) to drive comfortably. He loves the room in the backseat better than our dads Chevy Z71. I have put over 28K on the truck without doing anything but oil change every 5K and new tires once. I did put on a 3 in leveling kit with 265/75/16 tires. I can say im sold on Toyota Tacoma as my truck of choice for the future!

Favorite Features

I cant name them all!

Suggested Improvements

Allow for a little more room for bigger size drivers.

Almost Perfect for a Truck
By jdl50cc

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We just passed 93,000 miles on our Tacoma and have yet to perform a single repair other than regularly scheduled maintenance. The worst parts of the Tacoma were the lousy stock tires, but once we replaced those with General Grabbers, things were much better. The radio format is a disappointment, too, because the dash won't accept a standard DIN opening replacement, and we're stock with the standard unit, which lakes MP3 ability and an auxiliary input jack. Another odd thing is the fuel economy: It gets 19-20 MPG around town and the same 19-20 MPG on the freeway. I'm really happy around town, but wish the freeway fuel use was a bit better.

Favorite Features

Ride, reliability, durability, interior room and comfort, flexible anchoring system in bed.

Suggested Improvements

Change to stock DIN-sized radio, better stock tires, better highway fuel economy.

Great Tacoma
By lovecars10

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Okay, I have what some people may call "car issues". I am 33 years old and on about the 40th car. Six months ago I bought a 25k mile 2006 with a factory warranty. I am totally not a truck guy and could not see myself driving an F-150. But the Tacoma is not a truck for us. Its the Ultimate Family Vehicle. We go camping, lot's of room with tonneau cover, it can tow, it fits 4 of us comfortably, and I can get stuff from Lowe's. By the way its very reliable and overall feels very solid. I can't believe that my top favorite car out of Acuras, Bmw, Saab and a bunch of others and it's a "truck"...no, it's an..."Ultimate Family Vehicle".

4X4 Beast reliable fun safe!
By Jesus saves

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The only bad thing about my truck is the poor fuel economy. I get about 19 mpg. Other than that it's a beast. Back seat fits adults just fine. I have pulled out several lifter 4x4 diesel trucks out of the mud, snow, and sand. Pulls loads great. 4X4 like no other and it soaks up the bumps great!

Favorite Features

turn knob 4x4, MOTOR!

Suggested Improvements

weak rear stock suspension

She'll be missed
By Lisurfer523

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Unfortunatly I was in a very bad accident with my 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad. It was the best car I have ever purchased. I have to say it was my Tacoma that saved my life in the head on collision. I was hit head on by someone who jumped the double yellow and I managed to escape with a broken leg and a messed up knee. No head, back or neck injuries. I used my truck everyday to and from work, on and off the beach towing my pop up camper trailer and boat trailer, snow, rain with no problem ever. I never had as much as a flat tire in my truck. I would recommend this truck to anyone that ever goes off road or just likes having a small truck that drives like a big one with out the gas.

Favorite Features

The 4 wheel drive capability

Suggested Improvements

It could use a bigger bed option and bed tie downs should be standard.