2006 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
4x4 6 speed manual
By roll_tide_geek on 11/08/11 17:50 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded this truck in, but had it since 2007 when I bought it new. Never had to replace anything but the oil! It was the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Great off road, comfortable ride. The biggest downside was the fuel economy. It is very poor for a small truck! When I first bought it I didn't notice it as much but then when I moved and had to drive more the economy became very apparent. That was what made me trade it in because it was just too hard communiting 40 miles everyday.

Happy with it
By Tacomaowner on 01/21/08 12:16 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am more than satisfied with the ownership experience, from the performance, features, and low maintenance to the positive comments I get from others about the truck. I only wish I had specified the "outside temp / compass" feature and I also wish the radio had a 'aux" input for iPod and XM radio input.

Craig's truck
By Craig on 05/11/07 19:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck has all the power you will need. The brakes are spongy and the clutch takes getting used to. Otherwise, this truck is typical Toyota quality.

Nice performance and room
By reed on 04/03/07 23:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had to replace my Audi with a truck for work purposes. I was expecting to be disappointed but this truck has exceeded my expectations. It has decent horsepower and torque. Handles well in snow (with four sand bags and studs), stereo sounds good, Sport package has nice options. Not the most comfortable ride but the truck can carry a decent load.

Tacoma - built for the long road.
By Ozgard on 11/24/06 12:42 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I shopped around for a few months. I looked at the Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Ford F15 and Nissan Frontier. What pulled me to the Tacoma was the number of older Tacomas still looking great. I talked to a few Tacoma owners and asked them how they liked their truck and they all responded that they loved their truck. I am very happy that I went with the Tacoma. The truck feels solid and drives extremely well. The gas mileage could be a little better but I'll take 18 MPG versus some of the other trucks. If you want a truck thats built Tacoma's the one.

Overall Satisfied
By Kurt on 08/03/06 18:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I echo many of the posted comments that are happy with truck. I am very picky, and point out at stop lights and in traffic at or below idle there is a slight shudder in the drive train. It happens when the AC is on. I feel it in a slow takeoff with my pedal foot. This happens at 1k idle or less. I am surprised over bumps you get “feedback” that I would have not expected, and it's likely due to needing to dampen the shocks and springs in the rear. I guess they are doing this in anticipation of the payload, but it would be nice to have the option to set the “drive” style. Other than that, excellent HP for a 6 cyl and good highway experience.

06 Tacoma
By debo1683 on 07/13/06 06:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This thing is sweet. Drives like a car, power in all realms of the motor, low end torque, high end horsepower. What a pleasure to drive on a daily basis. The transmission, however is a little clumsy. No need to worry about the composite bed, either. Ive thrown some pretty heavy items at with no remorse. and to true Toyota standards... took a beating and begged for more.

V6 power and Stick Shift - Nice Bed
By Clyde on 06/14/06 14:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned the new Taco for 1.5 months and in that time have driven it to/frm work on highways, moving 1500 lbs. of rocks, full bed of mulch, the truck is great, the composite material bed is always great and washes out well, my kid said something I wouldn't have even thought of "the bed doesn't get as hot in the sun, like the neighbors truck bed," a Nissan I think, the power coming from that V6 is excellent, the manual shifter is the only way to go, I thought maybe I should get the automatic, but really glad I searched for the 6 speed, no slush box for me, the manual takes a little to get used to but then the real fun begins, only drawback is I am getting only 16 mph.

Awesome Truck
By ETD1010 on 06/03/06 15:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is amazing. I LOVE the body style, and the V6 really packs a punch. The TRD package made it easy to get ALL the features I wanted, and even some I hadn't thought of but LOVE. With all of this backed with Toyota's reputation, this is an awesome little pickup.

Killer Truck
By Bryan on 05/16/06 20:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a new '06 in January. I am very impressed, it is my first Toyota. It is so smooth and easy to drive on the highway. At low speeds 50-60 mph it gets awesome gas mileage. I turn heads everywhere. It sounds good and performs excellent. I like how the oil filter is mounted on the top of the engine for easy removal. It wakes up when I ask it to.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.