2006 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Overall incredible truck.
By zacattack1 on 09/27/14 21:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Been driving full side trucks all of my life. Chevy 1500, 06 Tundra. I have a 06 prerunner sr5 5 manual, and have to say it is a 10 in every department. And the 2.7L is a top end engine. And at times it feels like a race truck. The whole truck is strong, tight, and fast. It does 80 on the highway at 1/4 throttle with ease. And with its short wheel base. The city and freeway ride, is the best and smoothest. First gear is very short, but once you start shifting through the gears. The top end engine hits, and the truck just pulls and pulls.

Happy to have it!
By Mike on 07/19/06 19:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this pre-runner for my wife and I love it. I've always like Toyotas and have owned several. The new style is great and the size is better. I got between 20 and 22.5 MPG on a trip I just took driving 75 with A/C. Not as good as advertised but OK. We've ordered some nerf bars to help my 5'3" wife get in and a camper shell to transport the dogs. I wish we had power mirrors and locks but it isn't a problem once you get use to it. Rides well on a long trip and the A/C will freeze you! Overall we couldn't be more pleased. This one is a keeper.

Great Truck
By David on 06/18/06 18:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck after trading in a small sports car and realizing I really do need a truck. What can I say, the truck gives me great gas mileage and provides me with all the things I need in a truck.

Big Surprise
By J.Bal on 05/27/06 12:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck out of necessity. My old truck had broken down. I have been very happy and surprised with the Tacoma. I am getting 20 mpg with the A/C on and hauling as much as 1100-1500 lbs. of payload. At first it was a truck I needed not wanted, but I like it more everyday.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.