2006 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Don't buy on brand alone.
By Mike Noble on 10/29/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

After 28,000 miles with my 2006 Tacoma 2WD, manual trans, the overall experience has been less than I expected. The power of the 2.7L four is marginal even in a vehicle this light. 158 horses out of 2.7L is pretty pitiful today considering it has variable valve timing. The 5-speed trans is poorly geared, and not matched to the engine's power curve. The 3:31 rear gears makes 5th gear unusable. Overall, I wouldn't buy it again. It will probably go 200,000 miles, but I'll never make it! Don't consider buying it because it's a Toyota!

A Great Not So Little Truck
By Andy on 04/13/08 14:28 PM (PDT)

Absolutely no problems for 12000 miles

Great little truck
By J to the B on 12/12/06 12:44 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota truck number three for me. Base 2wd, regular cab, short bed. The second I shifted into second gear on the test drive I knew she was mine. I love the front end styling of the truck, but think the rear end is ugly. Mileage consistently in the very low 20s (mix of hwy and city) which is a little disappointing. The truck accelerated the same with 1,000 lbs of sand in the back or with nothing in the back, which surprised me (a good thing). I love my little truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.