2005 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Very Happy With This Truck!

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

V6 Double Cab (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.1 ft. Bed)

Very Happy With This Truck!
By Russ on

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 15 months of driving, I still grin from ear to ear when I climb into it! Gas mileage is great for a truck with this type of power. Wheelbase with 4 doors and the 6ft bed makes it tough to park but I'll live with that minor annoyance. I simply can't say enough about the quality and detail of the Tacomas. It feels like it will last forever. I did a lot of research in this segment before buying and when you educate yourself, you'll see that this is the right truck, hands down.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and "toughness" that is lacking in many new trucks. Very comfortable back seats. Cleverly designed bed capabilities, many storage spaces, supportive seats and attractive dash. Shift on the fly 4WD, nice stereo and great curb appeal. The hood scoop turns some heads still!

Suggested Improvements

Had a "squawk" in the leaf springs. Was remedied in the '06's by putting a rubber bushing in the spring. Toyota will fix the '05's for anyone that asks. Maybe an inch or two more windshield (higher). Power seats and heated mirrors would have been nice.