The perfect sized pickup
By phil on
2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)
I struggled driving a pickup too small to carry my kids (Mazda) and too large for me to feel lost (F-150). Then I found an '05 Tacoma - perfect! Had the most interior room of my three finalists (Colorado and Frontier). Well thought out interior with access doors and just enough room in back to carry my children on short runs (I don't recommend it for long trips). Plenty of storage and good power from the 2.7 engine while getting 21 mpg in local driving. The 4WD is great in snow. Love the flexibility of the pickup bed with movable cargo tie downs on front and side rails plus bed "D" hooks. The composite bed material looks promising - let's see how well it wears over time.
Favorite Features
Attractive and well thought out interior, interior space, fuel mileage, exterior design, 4WD on the fly system
Suggested Improvements
All modern vehicles should have intermittent wipers as standard! Parking brake design is archaic. Rear window defroster would help, too! View of blind spot area along driver's side windows is limited. Tie down hooks could be made of stronger materials.