Owned them all and by far this is #1
By donzi2005 on
2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
I speak from experience. Owned 86 SR5 22RET 4x4 (300K+), 91 SR5 4x4 (200K+), 96 T100 4x4, 96 4runner Limited, 95 Tacoma 4x4 (75K), 96 Tacoma 4x4 (75K). 99 Toy 4x4 Ext Cab (100K) As you can see I spent many a miles behind the wheel of a Toyota truck. Bought my 2005 to tow a 22' boat. Already after year and half put 30K miles on it. By far the best looking all around driveable Toyota truck I have ever owned. Towing and overall drivability is above all others. Long-distance HWY trips are now a dream. Reliability is always A+. The only thing I have to do with this truck is change the oil and air filter. See below for my few negative comments.
Favorite Features
The awesome looks, decent gas mileage, great power and the integrated bed liner with rear power DC to AC option.
Suggested Improvements
The biggest disappt. is the brakes. Hey Toyota REAR wheel DISCs!!! Come on the drums are a carry over from my 86 Toy! Had major brake fade while towing. Fix the shifting of the auto trans! That also has been a problem from the past. Shifts hard and never feels right.