overall a great truck
By jays99taco on
2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I sold my 1999 taco and got the 05. Love this truck. The 4.0 is powerfull and the difference from the 3.4 is night and day. The access cab is the #1 reson I wanted this truck. styling is a bit contemporary but it fits the truck well. I have the sport seats and they are comfortable. The TRD off road pkg is awesome. The truck definitely is larger on the exterior and the interior is very spacious. My father is 6'4" tall and he is very comfortable in this truck. The composit bed is a great Idea. I will have to see how it holds up. Take one for a drive and see for your self.
Favorite Features
I got mine pretty loaded. It has the 6 disc in-dash cd changer w/controls on the steering wheel. Plenty of cup/bottle holders(9 of them). Power windows/locks, remote keyless entry. Love the color I got.(indigo ink pearl [dark metalic blue]) the auto tranny is smooth shifting even under full throttle.
Suggested Improvements
The tool/storage under the rear seat is a bit small. They do need to insulate the engine compatment a lot more. It does have some engine noise but that is what the radio is for.