2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Nice Ride, Nice Truck!

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

PreRunner V6 Access Cab (4.0L V6 6-speed Manual 5.0 ft. Bed)

Nice Ride, Nice Truck!
By Michael on

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I always wanted a Tacoma, mostly for the build quality...but the older models just weren't large enough for my 6' 2" and 240 lb frame. When they changed to the new body style, I had to go test drive it and WOW...was I amazed! I bought the truck with no regrets to date and with no problems either, I just rolled over 25,000 miles after 7 months...it's definitely a keeper. I like the overall handling, the ride, and the interior features and space. My wife enjoys it as well...can hardly get the keys out of her hands. I bought the Pre-runner model, she likes the way it sits up in traffic and how other vehicles get out of her way on the highway. Just a nice Truck!

Ample power from 4.0 liter V-6, great built in bed liner, functional and easy to reach interior control knobs, ample space behind seats in extended cab, excellent vision from the driver's seat, and superb overall ride and handling quality.

About the only thing at all: I wish they could improve the gas mileage (with today's gas prices) but for a 4.0 liter truck...it's not bad at around 20 mpg!