2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Nice Cheap Truck (Inexpensive)

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Nice Cheap Truck (Inexpensive)
By Glen on

2005 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I was planning on buying a new Tacoma this year, I just happened to get lucky with the restyling for 2005. The truck looks as good as any truck out there, and looks like a "real" truck. Before making my decision I looked at used trucks of all kinds...outrageous prices for somebody elses high mileage monster. I was pleasently surprised to find I could buy a brand new Tacoma for around 16 Grand (people are selling their used Tacoma's for more). I got the PreRunner 4 cylinder because it was cheap and so am I, and I get the added benefit of good fuel mileage. Of course before receiving the truck I was concerned about H.P. envy, the truck has pleanty of power and drives great. No envy.

Though the Regular cab PreRunner is a pretty basic beast (even with the SR5 package), every thing is done in an excellent basic fashion. The truck handles well, the four cylinder will do everything it's supposed to do and in a grander fashion than I was anticipating.

I can't complain for the price, in Greedy fashion I could say better speakers maybe, or height adjustable seats. Oh...composite bed is a slippery eel, but beautiful...just needs rubber mat. The truck is well thought out. Biggest problem is I want to drive it and not work...Life's tough.