Love my Tacoma
By Pb2theMax on
2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I have put 10k miles on my 05 DoubleCab Sport TRD. I haven't had any problems. No paint chips, leaks, or squeeks. The ride is great, for a truck. The engine is great and really accelerates off the line. The engine has a slight "tick" from the valve-train. Toyota says this is normal, but mine went away once I put on some mileage, replaced the stock oil filter with a Mobil 1 M-102 for better oil flow. I also switched to Amsoil synthetic. The Auto trans seems to get as good or better MPG than the Manual trans. I have gotten as much as 24 MPG. The computer will adjust accordingly to how you drive.
Favorite Features
The interior and exterior styling is great. Lots of nice cupholders. The power outlet in the bed is handy. Easy to change the oil. Engine and trans are great. Leaves most trucks in the dust. I would buy this same truck again.
Suggested Improvements
The radio is a little weak, if you like it loud, but it's easy to upgrade. I wouldn't bother with the stock JBL upgrade. Spend $ on a real stereo. The sheet metal is a little thin, but this saves weight. The paint is not very hard, but easy to polish out any blemishes.