2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: I love my Tacoma!

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

2005 Toyota Tacoma

I love my Tacoma!
By boone88rr on

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've only had my truck for about a month now. It's fantastic. I thought it wouldn't be as exciting as driving my BMW but it is! I'm still "breaking-in" the engine and the gas mileage improves everyday. I test drove the 4 cylinder and it had great power but as soon as I drove the V6, I couldn't go back. It's a rocket on the road and I can't wait to take it 4x4-ing on the beach and the 4 wheel drive will come in handy if we have another winter like the last one here in the Northeast. It's my first brand new car/truck so I've definitely been babying it. My girlfriend is a little jealous. It wasn't named "2005 Truck of the Year" for nothing!

Powerful 245 horse V6. Smooth ride, yet durable enough that I feel comfortable taking it off-road. The access cab is key, very easy getting stuff in/out or big enough to cart around up to 3 of my 6' buddies. The composite bed, compartments, nice stock radio, cupholders, too much to write here!

My only complaint is that in the Northeast region there are only two packages available for this truck. The base (which is nicely equipped) and the TRD(s) (Sport and Off-road). You don't have to offer every package but by now I think all cars/trucks should have power locks/windows standard.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review