I love my Taco!
By drg on
2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)
Got the Prerunner, Access, 4 cyl, manual. Ordered it. Great styling inside & out. This is my first Toyota & I'm very impressed, tho I feel shafted by the dealer. The prerunner concept is great - the looks of 4WD w/o the cost. Only problem is the clutch pedal is killing my calf. The pedal throw is way too much - my heel hits the floorboard before the clutch is 1/2 way depressed so I have to point my toes to the extreme in order to shift. Shoulda got an automatic! The dealer can't tell me if the pedal is adjustable unless I bring it in. Got it for 1% over invoice but the dealer said I couldn't order VSC. Toyota should ditch the dealers and let people order straight from the factory!
Favorite Features
Styling of the front grill is awesome! Great design inside & out! Excellent attention to detail. Prerunner concept is great. Bed mat is well worth it. Like the mileage (29) of the 4 cyl manual. Very smooth shifting tranny. Comfy seats. Good handling. Good ride. Clever interior design. Easy controls.
Suggested Improvements
Clutch pedal throw is way too far. Wish I didn't have to install seat covers myself. Need more colors. Need seatback pockets like on airlines. Hard to get VSC (should be standard!). Hard to get in - shoulda got the tube steps (running boards help only a little). Need more D rings in the bed.