I'd buy it again
By Longtermdirver on
2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)
I drive the LA frwys 95% of the time, best MPG is 19.97 and after 80k replaced the first set of Bridgstones to take a long desert trip, brakes still have over 50% wear left, not one major and very few minor issues. Love the way I sit, lots of room and I'm 6'4" 240lbs, never a sore back. Love the V6/6 speed even though I might not get out 2nd on the 405 for an hour. Am I crazy? Only complaint is the 4x4 switch which does not always work, dealer thinks I'm nuts. Won't always go in or out of 4 low on command.
Favorite Features
It's fun to drive, sit up high. Power and quality are outstanding. It's a luxury truck but I wasn't looking for a cowboy caddy. Reliability is outstanding, but then I'm not hard on the equipment and I live in a dry climate. First failure was a head light at 85K
Suggested Improvements
Please change the radio lighting, can't be read in the day time with sunglasses on. Even worse if you drive with headlights on in the day. I agree with one of the other reviews, don't lean on it or you'll see the dent. Could be quieter at 65. Power rear window?