2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: I'd buy it again

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Review

I'd buy it again
By Longtermdirver on

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I drive the LA frwys 95% of the time, best MPG is 19.97 and after 80k replaced the first set of Bridgstones to take a long desert trip, brakes still have over 50% wear left, not one major and very few minor issues. Love the way I sit, lots of room and I'm 6'4" 240lbs, never a sore back. Love the V6/6 speed even though I might not get out 2nd on the 405 for an hour. Am I crazy? Only complaint is the 4x4 switch which does not always work, dealer thinks I'm nuts. Won't always go in or out of 4 low on command.

It's fun to drive, sit up high. Power and quality are outstanding. It's a luxury truck but I wasn't looking for a cowboy caddy. Reliability is outstanding, but then I'm not hard on the equipment and I live in a dry climate. First failure was a head light at 85K

Please change the radio lighting, can't be read in the day time with sunglasses on. Even worse if you drive with headlights on in the day. I agree with one of the other reviews, don't lean on it or you'll see the dent. Could be quieter at 65. Power rear window?