2005 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Great Truck!

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Great Truck!
By NICK on

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 04 Dakota for the Tacoma because the Dakota would bounce and hop like a pogo stick. The Tacoma is smooth and powerful and maintains control over even the worst road conditions. The only problem I've had so far (and alot of people are having the same problem) is an out-of-alignment cab mount bolt that rattles over bumps, but once you finally find where the noise is coming from, it should be a simple matter of re-bolting it. Overall visibility is excellent. The stock sound system is pretty good, as far as stockers go. I love the seats on the TRD package--the side bolsters really help through fast curves. Overall, it's one great truck. And it's FAST!

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior styling, powerful engine (way more powerful than my V-8 Dakota), and (hopefully)Toyota dependability and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the single disc CD player altogether and just put the 6-disc changers in. Illuminate the 4WD switch. Put a lock on the gas cap. Make side curtain airbags standard equipment on all body styles, not just an option on the double-cab.