Great Reliable Truck
By J Rivera on
2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
Great truck all around. I drive 20K per year through mountain roads in Puerto Rico and currently have 65K. I had one minor leak with the power steering fluid that was covered by warranty. Other than that, the temperature/compass display was damaged a month ago is not covered by the extended warranty I purchased! It's a great solid truck. Very reliable and lots of aftermarket goodies to customize it and make it your own. I have performed all tune-ups at the dealer and have never been strained on the road. The average MPGs are 17.8 with a best of 20.7 and a worst of 16.7.
Favorite Features
Love the factory bed and available tie-downs. The factory tire choice for my TRD was excellent. They lasted me 48,000 miles in Puerto Rico driving! (try it...) Look after modifications. Very smooth to drive and cab size is very comfortable. Engine seems to be very solidly built.
Suggested Improvements
Sunroof, larger seats for the TRD, perhaps captains' chairs. Electrical sliding rear window. 6 speed auto transmission. MPG readout. Offer it with a larger gas tank so it could go 500 miles without refueling (my personal best is 396 miles).