2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Great MPG, Good Buy

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

V6 Double Cab (4.0L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual 5.0 ft. Bed)

Great MPG, Good Buy
By grant on

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought My Tacoma about 2 months ago. I drive round trip 50 miles everyday. If I drive the truck the "right way" I get about 19-20 MPG. I do about 65% highway miles, 35% city driving. That's awesome for a truck w/a stout V6. So The power is really great. I have had 3 V8 trucks, 2 V6's, and this matches all of them. The transmission shifts awesome, can't even tell it is shifting. It rides like a car, and has great room and all kinds of hidden spaces for storage. I have 3 kids under 6 and it has great room for car seats. Styling is great, however I wish the tilt steering was better, not much adjustability. The dash gauges are awesome. I can get anything in the bed. I love it, great buy.

Great MPG for a V6 midsize truck. Good power, good overall styling-good be better though. Great room and storage.

Has a loud deep noise when I have all the windows down, it vibrates the passenger seat, creating this noise I think. The paint seems to chip easily. Better tilt steering. Cab could be fancier inside. I wish Toyota would release their codes so you can performance tune. Overall nothing big though.