2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Great Combination

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Review

Great Combination
By Yoke on

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

So far a great truck. It drives great, fits in my garage, rides smooth and stable and has good high visibility, good bed size w/ decent hauling ability. I started with the larger engine but after being stuck with unwanted options, I tried the 4cl. The acceleration is not great but neither was the 6cl. w/ auto. The smaller engine w/ 5 speed gives me more than adequate power for highway merges, etc. The smaller engine also gets very respectable mileage (about 21 mpg overall) although I do a lot of highway / rural driving. The SR5 with alloys was a real complete package for me. 2 kids (9 and 7) fit in the rear seats with decent leg room but the srtaight backs would get old on a long ride.

Mileage, turning radius, very drivable in city, parking garages etc, stereo, bed liner, movable cargo hooks, high ride

lockable cargo box in bed sides, programmable garage door (Homelink), electric rear window