2005 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual 5.0 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Great but annoying too

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

V6 Access Cab (4.0L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual 5.0 ft. Bed)

Great but annoying too
By BobM on

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overal this is a very comfortable PU. I replaced a Toyota PU with 210,000 miles only because of rust. Problem already with the Tacoma. Purchased vehicle 6 months ago and I have replaced the rear bumper twice already due to rust in the corners under the license plate. The third bumper shows the rust popping through already. V6 automatic gets 16 MPG combined local and over the road. I saw no difference. Loud! Don't plan on listening to the radio while driving the interstate (you get 6 speakers but need 12). I hate the expression "It's a truck, what do you expect!". My last "truck" was quiet! The sound of rushing air almost puts you to sleep on a long trip. Constantly over steering.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats. Solid frame and body. Great look. Like the liner.

Suggested Improvements

Need bed tie downs in addition to rail tie downs. MUST improve air noise over cab and between cab and bed. Need more tool type storage. Better padding on crew seats in extended cab. Find out problem with bummper rust. Arms tired on 1 hour trip because of constant over steering (steering or tires?)