2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Committed Toyota Driver

2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Review

Committed Toyota Driver
By Mark on

2005 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Toyota Pickup. They keep making their trucks better and better. The height makes you feel like it is a full size truck, but it's handling and manuverability lets you know it is compact. Love the composite bed. The power and acceleration in their 4 cyc. responds better than a lot of 6 cyls. They really know how to build engines. I've found as long as you keep up with the oil changes, you should not have any problems with Toyotas. One problem with it is I can be on the highway doing 65 mph and the truck is running so smooth and quiet, it takes me a minute to remember I forgot to shift out of third gear (not really a bad thing I guess). I recomend this truck to all my friends.

The power of this 2.7 L engine is remarkable and the reliability of Toyotas can't be beat! Haven't had much of a chance of abusing it yet, but the composite bed seems like an excelent idea. Always hate getting the paint all scratched up. also handles as smooth as a lot of cars I've driven.

The only improvement I can think of is the comfort of the bench seat. Maybe it's just me getting older? Wish they would have made a seating option for this basic model.