2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Everything I expected it to be
By wooddorker on 04/27/05 15:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I waited 6 weeks for my ordered Radiant Red V6 4x4 Access Cab with TRD Off-road and towing. I don't have a single disappointment with this truck. My last Toyota gave be 300,000 miles of smiles. I expect nothing less from this one.

Nice Truck
By gski on 04/22/05 06:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just got it! Wow what a difference. Had a Ranger XLT before, it's like night and day. The ride, convenience, power, and no rattles. It plain feels like a well built, designed truck.

Another Tacoma
By frank452661 on 04/20/05 12:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This truck rides better, handles better, than my last (96 with 137,000- no problems). I have the 4cyl, manual, extended, SR5 package, etc. Still Low miles, but I got 28.4 mpg on a recent 200 mile trip. I don't pull or haul much, ATV on a trailer, but this 4cyl has all the power I need, with reasonably good acceleration, and great gas mileage.

Great truck
By Curt FUlmer on 04/16/05 12:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

It is the first vehicle I ever bought new and it was well worth it. The car I drove before it was a Toyota Echo, so fuel economy is worse, but comfort is well worth it. It was a good buy, and I would recommend it to anyone.

2005 Toyota PreRunner Auto
By Michael on 04/12/05 15:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is great as far as easy access to the back because of the access doors. It rides and drives great and feels solid on the road. It is good on gas but of course I wish it was better with the current price of fuel today. I love the way the truck sits up higher than most 2-wheel drive pickups because it gives you the feel that it is a 4-wheel drive and your vision of the road and traffic around you is much improved over lower 2WD Pickups. I love the style and design of this truck.

Best ever
By DARRELL BLOCH on 04/08/05 03:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My second Toyota truck. First went 287,000 miles! Extremely good power train and excellent brakes. Very good mid-range torque and a very quiet ride even at 75 mph.

The Best Truck Yet!
By Runningbrowndog on 04/07/05 03:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab X-Runner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I certanly give Toyata a Thumbs Up for the re-design of the Tacoma. It is roomier than any previous, has a better drive train, Has a lot more power, and the exterior and interior have better qualities and looks than any other Truck (in my opinion.

My 21st vehicle
By capemike on 03/31/05 17:29 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I buy vehicles more than some people change socks. This is my 21st new vehicle (between me & wife) that I've purchased. I have owned pretty much every make truck, with Chevy being the worst, and Toyota being the best. This new style Tacoma caught my eye, and after driving one I had to have it. The power of the 6 cylinder is more than sufficient for this truck. The interior is quiet, well organized, and spacious. It is comfortable and well designed. I have found Toyota manufactures a quality vehicle and this truck is no exception. I would definitely reccommend this truck to others.

a girl who loves her truck!
By Mija on 03/22/05 18:50 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I previously owned a Toyota Corolla Type S and I felt it was time to upgrade to something more my style and the new Tacoma if a perfect fit for me. Although it isn't as fuel efficient as my old car but over all it is is pretty good for a truck. It has a smooth ride on any terrain and it just an over all great machine to drive. I LOVE IT!

Great Truck
By Hank on 03/20/05 13:46 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third truck. Had an old Tacoma that just wouldn't die, ran it 200k+ miles and hope this one lasts as long. Had a Dakota with a V8 but this one has much more power and more comfortable ride, even with the TRD pkg. Much better gas mileage then Dakota too, first tank gave me 20 mpg. Love my '05 Tacoma, highly recommend.