Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Fun truck
By happy camper

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned every make of truck, and this Tacoma is the best truck by far. I drive a lot of freeway miles, the ride and handling is perfect. I will never own anything else but Toyota.

Locking rear end on wet pavement. Easy to see dash, and console shifter.

I cannot think of any.

The Leader
By Roman

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is an outstanding vehicle. It is far superior in quality and design than other trucks in its class. I have owned several trucks and Toyota has always been the top in its class.

Design and engine performance.

Higher and softer seats should be considered.

Toyota does it right
By dmatt

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am on my 9th Toyota and couldn't be happier with the truck. The V-6 has better acceleration and get-up, and has a better transmission than my 2004 Mustang V-6 :( The transmission is very smooth and strong. I got the TRD Off Road package and the ride is smooth. It doesn't bounce or ride hard like many other trucks. I love the overall quality, style and design. Toyota just does it right

Overall design and style. Auto transmission is super smooth and strong. Stong V-6 engine (245hp) but still gets good gas mileage (better than my Mustang did)

Nothing comes to mind

Best Truck In Its Class. Buy It!!
By Paul

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had this truck since Aug. 2005. I did months of research before I bought this truck. The research paid off. Being at the end of the summer season, I was able to get the exact one down to the color and options that I wanted. I got the accurate gas mileage by filling it up, run for about 150 miles and fill it up again, and devide the miles into the gallons. I got 17.5 city, and 22mpg on a trip. Performance is great. The 0-60 time is 7.5 sec. Fast for a 4000lb truck. The ride, comfort, and handling, I think is great. Try it

High performance V6 on premium fuel. Good gas mileage. Comfort, build quality, looks, reliability, towing capacity, composite bed liner, Just about everything.

Would like to have heated rear view mirrors, that aren't available yet.

Proud of it!
By Billy Bob

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my not-so-little red truck! Gas mileage is excellent! Never been under 24 for me, and sometimes is as high as 28. The 4 cyl has plenty of power as well. 4WD is easy to engage and provides extra pull in 4 low. The composite bed is an improvement. Plenty of space on the interior, even for me at 6'2" 230 lbs. This is a great buy for the price, assuming that it is as reliable as a Toyota should be.

Full size 16 inch wheels. Nice stereo with six speakers. Extra compartments all over provide plenty of storage. Oil filter is easy to change. No sliding rear window on my model!

I wish it had a cargo light for the bed. Right now, I don't know what to change.