2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews 8

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
I like my Tacoma!
By Ronk on 08/11/05 00:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck -- Great vehicle. I traded in a full-size Chevy Silverado, and I can now say after putting the first 5000 miles on this truck, I made the right choice. It drives right and it looks good! After a 3000 mile road trip, I could not be happier with my choice. I added a cover for the back, nerf bars, and a trailer hitch -- I'm set!

2005 Tacoma
By Bassman17SC on 08/03/05 10:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced a Pathfinder with this truck and boy, what a difference!! The V6 is powerful enough to tow my bass boat with ease. The accelaration is excellent; the braking is good. Even with the off-road package, it is not that bumpy. We drove it to Destin; my wife and I were completely comfortable in the bucket seats. I HIGHLY recommend this truck.

FUN AT LAST
By mike M on 08/02/05 05:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is an exceptional vehicle for the price. The 6 cylinder engine and the torque gives it alot of power. The ride is smooth. The gas mileage on the highway is a litte over 20 mpg while traveling between 65-75 mph. The sliding cargo divider for the bed is a great option. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Only draw back is the unavailability of a toneau style bed cover with pistons. There is no where to attach the cover with the design of the composite cargo box,

Superb truck
By Robin Robertson on 07/30/05 19:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

overall best pickup toyota has ever made

my truck
By Dave Montville on 07/30/05 09:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The truck has been perfect since I bought it. I went from a Dodge Dakota getting 8 to 9 mpg in the city to getting about 17 on the Tacoma with just as much if not more power than the Dakota's v8.

I luv this truck
By luv it - Jamie on 07/29/05 23:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this truck for 3weeks and luv everything about it. I sold my 94 standard 4cyl. 4x4- it had 134,000 on it and ran perfect and I never had to take it in for any problems. I hope this 2005 does the same.

A step up from 2004 in most respects
By chucktaylorr on 07/26/05 10:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great truck all around. I stepped up from a 2004 PreRunner. Great engine, easy to maintain. Very comfortable for long trips and capable off-road. Composite bed limits the choices for aftermarket parts (lumber rack, some covers, some tool boxes, etc.) but is great for most hauling applications. This is our new "family" vehicle.

05 Tacoma Off Road
By nickotto7 on 07/20/05 12:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have only had it a few months but all seems like expected so far. Have one small rattle from engine compartment which sounds like a loose heat shield that I am going to get fixed in a day or two. Comfortable interior, very little road noise, handles like a car. So far so good.

I like my new truck
By Dominic on 07/19/05 05:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I haven't had it that long yet however I just took a 2000 mi round trip towing a trailer and a bed load. The truck performed great. Plus it's nice around town.

One month in
By Adam on 07/18/05 09:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The truck has performed well so far in every task that I have asked of it. The towing improvement over my last toyota pickup is amazing. I am still trying to keep my foot off of the gas to try and get the MPG up. The five speed auto tranny is great, but has a tendency to shift a lot when you have the cruise on. Way to go Toyota!