2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great Combination
By Yoke on 05/25/05 17:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

So far a great truck. It drives great, fits in my garage, rides smooth and stable and has good high visibility, good bed size w/ decent hauling ability. I started with the larger engine but after being stuck with unwanted options, I tried the 4cl. The acceleration is not great but neither was the 6cl. w/ auto. The smaller engine w/ 5 speed gives me more than adequate power for highway merges, etc. The smaller engine also gets very respectable mileage (about 21 mpg overall) although I do a lot of highway / rural driving. The SR5 with alloys was a real complete package for me. 2 kids (9 and 7) fit in the rear seats with decent leg room but the srtaight backs would get old on a long ride.

First Ever Truck
By Steve on 05/24/05 09:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first ever pick-up truck and what a great truck. It is quieter than my last vehicle (Lexus IS 300) on the hwy. and gets about the same mileage. The ride and handling are superior. Mine's the 2.7 litre with the five speed. The clutch and shifter are as smooth as my Honda Accord was. I'm sure I will get many years of trouble free and inexpensive use.

2005 Tacoma
By Mark on 05/22/05 10:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Damn near perfect. Smooth ride, fun to drive and looks GREAT. A rock solid truck from Toyota. Toyota is showing they want to play and are willing to do what needs to be done to play with the Big Boys. Great interior creature comforts and a peppy 4cyl engine that is more than enough for the average homeowner. Good fuel economy as well.

Exceeds expectations
By MOMAN on 05/20/05 11:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased Tacoma 2WD 4 cylinder access cab in April. I like driving it as well as my 05' Solara XLE. Power acceptable, comfortable and fun to drive. With less than 2,000 miles on odometer, consistently getting 25+ MPG. Quality of interior is exceptional. Traded in a 2003 Dakota with 17,000 miles. No comparison between the two vehicles. Access cab doors are great! Sound system rivals the Solara sound system. Seating is very comfortable for the "long drive." If you want luxury, economy, convenience, utility, comfort, and safety; this is your truck.

A really great truck
By Michelle on 05/15/05 10:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase this vehicle on April 30, 2005. As of this date (5/15/05) I have driven it 805 miles. I have enjoyed it throughly. This is a really great truck and I didn't think I would like it in the Red but I have to say, I like this truck in red. The access cab is a nice feature, it has plently of storage space. And as others have said this truck is ready to "load and go" from the dealers lot. Purchase one, you will not be disappointed.

05 tacoma
By imabuddha on 05/09/05 19:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I've only owned this truck for a month but so far it's been flawless! Handles very well for a truck, smooth Camry-like ride, quite flat in the corners.

2005 Tacoma 6 speed manual
By tacoma_guy on 05/09/05 11:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my new Tacoma 7 weeks and I love it. The 4.0 V6 with the 6 speed manual trans is awesome. This truck is super quick. It has a lot of power to spare. It will smoke just about every pickup in its class (except maybe the V8 Dodge Dakota). I have the TRD sport pack 2 with the intake scoop on the hood which is a nice touch. I love the way this truck rides and handles. I was able to get it in the Speedway metallic blue color which really attracts attention. Since I've had it I added the aluminum tubes steps, sunshades, bug shield, and OBX shifter. I'm waiting for a cab high cap and gibsen performance exhaust that is due anyday to complete my add-ons. No wonder it's rated 05 truck of the year.

All and More
By aprzr on 05/04/05 09:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have not owned any truck or SUV other than a new or used Toyota since the mid-1980's. Not once have any one of them broken down or had to be towed. Each time I buy another one, I like it better than the one before. This Tacoma Sport model is by far superior in looks, comfort, pep, and features than any of the others, which were all good too. Access door/space is the reason I bought this model.

New Taco
By dstolk on 05/04/05 01:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This model should sell well for Toyota! I bought this truck to replace an aging '95 Montero.

Watch out F-150 here come's Tacoma!
By Zak on 04/29/05 06:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4dr Access Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I first purchased the car I was amazed at the size. Prior to purchasing I was only able to view the 4-cylinder 2 wheel drive models. Let me say that the 4-wheel drive Pre-runner V6 looks more like the size of a F-150 then anything else. The front end of this baby is intimidating. The grill looks hard and the fog lights are well placed. The skid plate on the underbody is shown off to make an amazing looking front end that anyone will be jealous over as you drive down the road. The power in this truck is very pleasing. The 245 horse's under the hood give great pick up and the torque is great for getting out of any tough situation (and I mean TOUGH)