Used 2005 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 356 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Solid truck
By glen

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I would recommend this truck to anyone. Good power & handling , good fuel mileage. It's an excellent truck overall.

Power, comfort, good offroad.

An avaiable sunroof & leather interior would be nice.

Amazing
By Matt

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Tacoma it has handled everything that I could throw at it, including carrying a 7200 fully loading trailer, as well as 1800 pounds in the bed. (Not at the same time). All in all I am very impressed with my truck, and wouldn't get anything else.

I think that in the future Toyota should offer a v8 option possibly the older Tundra engine?

Just what I wanted
By Toyota John

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Looked at every truck available and almost got a Honda. The Toy was not as nice but much more fun to drive. I'm on the fwy every day in LA traffic and love the 6 speed, original tires have 65k and will last another 8K months, clutch is solid as the first day. Overall quality is first rate. Interior room is fine but not spacious. I am 6'4" and my sons are 6'5" and they love to drive it. Plan to buy the exact same when youngest son takes this. Toyota no longer sells a 6 speed in SoCal so I'll go out state to get one.

I'm a big guy 6'4" 250 lbs, seats are outstanding, no back pain after hours of LA traffic. Love the 6 speed, takes the boredom out of the drive.

Complaints; you can't read the radio in day light with the lights on wearing sun glasses and since I'm on the road 4 hrs a day it matters. Storage box in bed vibrates open and spills whatever is inside which then blows away. Needs more interior storage although it's not bad. Fix the red lighting.

I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!!
By AnneS

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Tacoma. I opted for the 4 cylinder 4x4, manual transmission. Its fun to drive, and does pretty well on gas, except in the winter when my mpg takes a nosedive to about 17-19 (from about 22-24). We just put new tires on it because the tires that came with it weren't too good in the snow of upstate NY. This truck is perfect sized for me, at 5 feet 3 inches. My husband who is 6-2 also fits in it nicely, and can even ride in the back seats for shorter trips. We can fit everything we need, including the dog, for a weekend at camp in the cab of the truck.

Storage compartments under the seats and in the bed. Composite bed. Nice rims. Easy to see out of. Easy and fun to drive.

Lighted 4x4 switch line in for aux or mp3 player on stereo better tires on non TRD models.

Revolutionary!!
By Stevo

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have to say, I am so impressed with my new truck. I have been driving BMWs for the last five years and coming out of a 40K car to a truck I was not expecting the luxury drive as well as the power and handling. WOW! What an extraordinary driving machine. I love it so much. The TRD package is worth every penny! I am absolutely impressed with it and can't wait to plan some fishing trips.

TRD sport package, erogonomics, spacious, powerful engine, and great handling.

Leather interior, navigation, and more gadgets on the inside.