2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Wow Another Great Toyota Truck
By fongpeiyoung on 10/30/05 13:10 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is great tough truck with exceptional performance and handling with very good fuel economy 21 mpg. This is a rugged strong truck.

Super Truck
By Spydersd on 10/27/05 13:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Best pickup truck I've ever owned! Sold my SUV after I got this truck, it does everything as well or better than my old SUV.

my PreRunner
By Vance on 10/10/05 21:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have only had my Tacoma for 3 months now, but have taken my family of 4 on a 2200 mile trip to Washington DC and it was fantastic!! Plenty of room for both boys in the back with the videos and games, plenty of room up front for my wife and I. The mileage was 2mpg better than the sticker both in town and on the hwy. The truck is definitely a headturner. If I could afford another one for my wife, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Awesome Truck!
By JakeSteel41 on 09/28/05 19:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought my truck and it is proving to be exceptional! Total comfort, excellent ride, sleek lines, powerful engine, great turn radius. Thoughtful extras as the mulitude of cup and water bottle/soda bottle holders, sunglass holder, extra storage area under the back seats, sliding adjustable ties downs in the bed,large storage compartment between the seats. The cabin of the truck feels large and the seats give good support and leg room. Driving a truck is actually a pleasure again.

05 Tacoma
By USTAZZAF on 09/16/05 00:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the truck for a month and have put about 2400 miles on it. I chose the 4.0 and 6 speed manual. I picked the TRD Off Road 4X4 so I could get the following options I wanted. The 110 volt plug in the back is sweet, but should run off of a seperate battery, allowing the truck to be turned off while using it. The BF Goodrich tires were a requirement. Wanted the rear locker, although I am a bit disappointed (in the sand anyway). Still needed 4x4 to get around. Driving lights were also a desired extra. They add considerably in deer country. The truck overall is everything I wanted. Love the ride, manuverability and everything else aside from the lack of a 6th seat. Recommend.

Cyns new Toy
By cyncali on 09/10/05 01:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my New Toy.. It drives like a champ, feels good and looks good as well. I love the Trd package also. I couldn't be happier.. so glad I choose this truck over the others that i test drove.. you just can't go wrong with a Toyota....I also love all the room in my trick.. It has plent of room for my kids, and their friend in the back seat,it's a full back seat very comfortable.. I also can't wait to take the Toy up into the Mountains to do some camping with the family.. Yes i must say this is an awesome Truck...

truckofmine
By susieq2 on 08/29/05 01:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A very comfortable truck, handles well, fun to drive.

AWESOME TRUCK
By bro44us on 08/28/05 08:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck! This truck is a real head turner and a conversation piece. I purchased this truck after owning a chev ZR2 and there is not even a comparison between the two.

Great technology
By Lou on 08/16/05 23:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I opted for the Short bed so it fit in my garage, still have about 18" left over. I traded my 2003 Corolla for the Tacoma. Based on the research I had done the Tacoma always came on top. Handling: Has excellent acceleration, corners and stops nicely. The interior is pretty confortable and feels like a small SUV or a car. So far I have averaged 21 MPG, but I don't get on it too hard! I have added Toyota running boards, they look great and the Off RD package adds a lot. Oh, the 24Valve, V6, 281 ft.lbs of Torque is ready to haul. I decided on the Tacoma for reliability. We are planning a long trip next week. Cheers to all who have one.

Tacoma 2nd Week Still A Dream
By BriGuy on 08/12/05 14:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought Tacoma w/TRD off road package 2 wks ago and am loving it. Warning - it's a big truck. Won't fit in garage, even though I have the 2dr Access cab version. Parking brake takes getting used to (it's an old-school pull type handle) but works just fine. Saw complaints on 'net about paint chipping on speedway blue, black and radiant red, but haven't seen any on my silver truck.